Bickering

Amber's pov:

"What did I miss?" Is the first thing that Damien says as he approaches the table, followed by a dazed looking Liam.

I'm glad to know he's...

Alive.

I don't think he's okay just yet.

"Whatever do you mean?" Gianna's says from her seat with a smug expression, flicking her hair off her shoulder.

"You are acting weird-... all of you are." He looks around at his friends who were all trying to hide their grins.

A little recap, Gianna, without a doubt, SHUT ANNABELLE DOWN!

And we were all living for it.

Terrified of Gianna of course...

But after being able to get rid of the "pest," it felt like we could all finally get a breath of fresh air.

Things would finally getting back to normal before she was ever here.

This means no awkward silences, no glares being thrown across the table, and certainly no drama.

The only bickering that I choose to withstand is the one between Gianna and Luke...

At least that is funny to watch.

But also with Annabelle being gone, it feels like a weight has been lifted off of my shoulders.

The thought of Annabelle hurting Damien again stressed me out, and I was worried that the same thing as last lunch would happen again.

I'm glad that's not case.

Although I wish I was the one to give Annabelle a piece of my mind, I don't think I would ever be able to top off Gianna's words.

"Define weird." Ella laughs to herself, looking up at a confused Luke who takes the seat right beside her with his tray.

"If it's anything involving Gianna I do not want to know." He says, taking his sandwich in between his hands and going in to take a bite.

But before he could, the sandwich was smacked out of his hands by an infuriated looking Gianna.

"HEY-..."

"What do you mean by that!!"

"All I'm saying is you do weird things, so whatever you did I do not want to know."

"How dare you-..."

The two begin to bicker back and forth, and I find myself getting lost in the conversation by
Damien taking the seat beside me.

I give him a soft smile as our eyes meet, to which he responds back with a wink.

...

Aghhhhh.

Since he confessed his feelings he has definitely became more confident in flirting.

Not that I'm complaining...

But each time he does something small like that my heart still can't take it.

It can't decide if it wants to stop, beat faster, or explode.

"Hi." He whispers, reaching under the table to grab my hand.

"Hi." I giggle back, letting him interlock his fingers with mine.

"So what did I miss?" He raises in eyebrow, causing me to have to look away for a second with a blush before turning back towards him.

"Annabelle tried sitting here when we arrived, but Gianna quickly shut her intentions down with some... interesting choice of words."