𝟎𝟎𝟏. mexico

ANCHOR

____________

"SOMETHING'S HAPPENING." KIRA says as she approaches Malia, who keeps on dancing, jumping up and down.

"I know." She responds, looking around them, watching the Calaveras' hunters, who are also watching the two. Kira observes Malia before opening her mouth once again.

"What do we do?" she asks with a worried expression.

"Blend in." Malia replies. The kitsune looks at her, puzzled by her answer.

"Dance with me, dumbass." The werecoyote tells her, smiling widely.

Kira murmurs an oh before attempting to dance. She awkwardly starts twitching her body, trying to imitate her friend— it looks more like she's shaking. Malia cringes, laughing a little as well. She moves forward and places her right hand on Kira's lower back, pulling her closer.

At first, she's unsure of what to do. Malia's palms position themselves on either side of her waist, swaying her hips to the music as she does. Kira catches on after a few moments of guidance.

A big smile forms on Kira's face. She puts her arms around Malia's neck, and they continue dancing. The blonde lowers her body, stopping at Kira's stomach as both of them laugh. Malia stands up straight again and leans her head back, shaking her hair away from her eyes.

However, Kira peers over her shoulder, seeing one of the Calaveras heading straight for them, pushing people out of the way. She makes an eye movement, telling Malia to turn around. She briefly looks back. When Malia turns her head to face the kitsune again, she sees a female hunter observing them, waiting for the signal.

"Ready?" Malia breathes into Kira's ear, leaning closer. She nods, and Malia looks down at her left to see that she's holding red, neon nun chucks.

They whirl opposite directions to engage with the two hunters. The man immediately attempts to raise his gun and aim it at Malia. She pushes his arm away with both her hands, then whacks his face with her right fist. By the time he turns his head back to her, Malia grabs him by his vest and lifts him in the air, slamming his spine hard onto the ground. He groans before trying to move again, but Malia knocks him in the jaw for the second time, causing him to fall unconscious.

Malia flips her hair out her eyes, looking back at Kira. The huntress is now on the floor, bleeding from the mouth. As Malia stands, she spots another man stalking towards her. She gets ready, taking a charging stance, but he never makes it within a six feet distance.

A tall figure rushes in, striking the hunter in the face as he falls to the ground. Isaac lands one more hit before he stands and turns to Malia.

Malia rolls her eyes, peering behind her to make sure Kira's okay. She nods her head, confirming everything is fine. She comes to Malia's side, and they walk over to Isaac. He cocks his head to the left, causing them to avert their gazes. They look to see Scott and Allison fighting two more hunters.

The Alpha blocks a hit to the face with his forearm, pushing the man's fist away before curling his fingers around his neck. He throws him to the wall before swiveling on his heels to see how Allison is doing.