Truth Or Dare (💛)

Summary: The Gladers (and girls) play truth or dare, self-explanatory with some newtmas shit (Newt and Thomas are in a secret relationship)

Where: Safe Haven (Newt survives as he should)

Words: 760

----

"Alright shanks, sit your asses down; we're playing some games. If you don't want to play- Well I can't say I care 'cause you're playing anyway." Minho called out. The Gladers cheered, eagerly gathering around the fire.

The game night happened once every week in the Glade so everyone was fairly excited to do it again. Despite being trapped between walls, the sense of familiarity was nice.

Newt winked at Thomas, getting up from their spot against one of the logs to join the circle, sitting next to his sister Sonya. Thomas muttered a string of profanity under his breath, cursing that pretty blond for making him such a gay mess.

He quickly joined the circle and sat between Newt and some other Glader he couldn't remember the name of, but seemed content with blissfully ignoring Thomas so the brunet left it at that.

"Let's start with truth or dare. Maybe we'll get something good," Sonya grinned.

Ten minutes into the game, Minho admitted to being aromatic (which the girl who dared him to tell felt really bad for basically forcing him to come out, but Minho was chill about it), Gally had to run laps around the circle in his boxers and clucking like a chicken, and lastly, a boy named Victor with smelly hair had to kiss a girl named Ellie who was completely mortified.

"Newt, truth or dare?" Harriet quizzed.

Newt hummed. "Dare."

"I dare you to give who you think the hottest person here is a kiss."

Newt shrugged, his lips quirking up into a smirk. "Couldn't pick something more difficult?"

Newt leaned over and kissed his Tommy happily. Thomas chuckled and pulled the boy from his spot and into his arms, who didn't protest and let himself be placed in the brunet's lap.

"Got something to tell us shanks?" Minho called over the laughter and wolf-whistles. Newt joined the laughs, turning around in Thomas' arms.

"Uhm... Surprise?"

Minho snorted, winking at them and returning to the game.

As the game continued, Newt got more comfortable in Thomas' arms with his back pressed against his chest. While the blond boy paid attention and played along, Thomas got distracted by thumbing at Newt's sides and burying into the crook of his neck.

Newt chuckled a little and Thomas felt his body shake with the vibrations. "Comfy, Tommy?"

Thomas hummed, content. "You're so warm and cuddly."

Newt blushed slightly and Thomas turned his head to peck his cheek.

"Game change let's play Never Have I Ever. Rules are simple, if you did it you say so since Vince over here won't allow us alcohol," Harriet piped up, and went first. "Never have I ever made out with someone."

Thomas and Newt raised their hands, along with a few others. There weren't many since when you're running for your life, love is the last thing on your mind unless you're thinking about the loved one you want to protect.

Some other kid went next. "Never had I ever been infected."

Newt tensed in his arms and his hold on Thomas' hand tightened. Thomas could feel him trembling a little, even if he did his best to hide it. Thomas frowned, glaring at the kid. "That was cold, slinthead."

He looked confused, but it didn't take long for him to come to a realization. "Shuck- sorry Newt, I forgot I was too distracted with the game and didn't think I'm sorry."

"It's fine," Newt told him, offering a smile that was obviously fake.

Thomas pouted, peppering kisses on Newt's neck. "Don't be sad. You're okay now, yeah?"

Newt smiled- for real this time- and leaned back farther into Thomas' comforting touch. "Yeah."

They continued their game, but Newt and Thomas were far too caught up in their own world. Newt giggled when Thomas' palm pressed against his stomach. "Your hands are cold."

"Want me to take them off?"

"Don't you bloody dare."

Thomas laughed quietly, taking Newt's chin between his fingers and turning his head so he could kiss the boy sweetly. Newt hummed and melted into the kiss while his hands flew up to cup Thomas' cheeks and glide his thumb over his skin.

Minho glanced at them, about to say something but they just looked so in love that he smiled fondly and carried on the game while leaving the two to their bliss.

-----