Ch 259: My man

"You returned early, Mistress," said a surprised Matterhorn.

Matterhorn is busy preparing the food for tonight's dinner in the courtyard of the wooden house. A barbecue grill is present, and half a deer is grilling on it. Despite the fact that it is clearly winter, he is dripping with sweat.

"Mistress. I hunted a deer at the foot of the mountain. We can eat something extra in the evening... Who's the person standing next to you? I haven't seen her before"

Pramanix's face was rigid. Lin Ye is standing beside her, speechless in this scenario.

Pramanix was about to speak when Messiah interrupted her: "Hello, my name is Messiah."

"Oh, please call me Matterhorn," he says. He has never before seen Messiah. While he was perplexed as to why there were other people in the holy temple, He assumed they must've been a guest or a traveller.

"It's incredibly fragrant here." Messiah sniffles and inquires of Matterhorn, "Is this barbecue?"

"Yes," he says, applying spices to the deer with a brush. His policy is to always be hospitable and welcoming of guests. He welcomes the opportunity to speak with Messiah, asking, "Are you a friend of the Mistress?"

"Well..." Messiah says while scratching the back of her head.

"Oh? Are you perhaps the caretaker of the Holy Temple then?"

"Well not exactly, I do work in the Holy Temple~" Messiah said cheekily.

The doubt on Matterhorn's face faded away. He felt honoured that a worker from the Holy Temple graced him with their presence. he enthusiastically invited Messiah to the barbecue.

"Please join us for the barbecue tonight." In response to his invitation, Messiah smiled cheerfully. What Matterhorn enjoys the most is being complimented on his culinary abilities. He takes more pride in his culinary skills than his fighting skills after all.

Lin Ye wondered what would be Matterhorn's reaction If he had known the Messiah was the God he worshipped and that he was welcoming his god to a barbecue, his smile may not have been as brilliant.

"Please be patient while I prepare, feel free to wait inside" Matterhorn proceeds to welcome everyone as if he were the host of this event.

"When I'm finished cooking, I'll call you." Pramanix felt awkward from Matterhorn's hospitality.

She wanted to tell him, but she did not dare to speak rashly. After all, though she did not get instructions from Messiah, she knew that Messiah did not want to reveal her identity as a god. As a saintess, how could she defy her God? Therefore, she could only pray in her heart that Matterhorn will not do anything stupid in front of God.

So, she nods her head at Matterhorn as she enters the wooden cabin with Messiah and Lin Ye. Matterhorn noticed it, and his heart immediately beats faster.

'Mistress... is willing to look at me!' She didn't ignore me as she usually does!

'However, what is the reason?'

He pondered about it and came to a realisation.

'It must be that she needs me to look after her friends!' Wow, I had no idea the Mistress still had friends in the holy temple. She is generally hesitant to bring it up, but she has brought a friend with her. He must keep Mistress's friends entertained to the fullest!'

Matterhorn made up his mind.

As he was obsessed with his self-imagination, he neglected to remember anyone else. Lappland, who was previously the most outspoken, is now trailing behind the others, her tail drooping and not saying a sound, like a depressed dog.

{Rhodes Island's Psychologist}

"Phew, with the Temple in shambles, I have to rest here for a while" Messiah sits on the floor as soon as she enters the building. She looks around at the people behind her, but her attention is drawn to Lin Ye.

"Excuse me, please forgive me for asking, but... isn't the house itself your property?" Pramanix asks.

Messiah sighs and shakes her head: "No, the temple above is my residence. Your people designed this building. It is just for pilgrims who remain there. As a result, it is not my house."

"...But it's yours."

"Even as a God, I'm not pretentious enough to claim everything as my own" Messiah says.

Pramanix suddenly didn't know how to refute that.

Lin Ye finds the whole scenario fascinating. He's never seen a deity like this before. It's clear that her status was given to her by a believer, and she didn't want it. From this perspective, the god Messiah is much more lovable than the gods of his previous lives.

Of course, he can't help but admire the God of Karlan for her compassion because she had given him a handful of gifts and helped him. He regards her as a great kind of god.

"Then your holy..."

"It will be repaired tomorrow."

Pramanix nods "I understand. Tomorrow I will-."

"You should go back tomorrow," Messiah says lightly.

Pramanix is stunned: "What do you mean?"

"I said that you should go back tomorrow, Anya." Messiah looks at Lin Ye again, "And you, I have told you before. When the maple tree in front of the door bears fruit, it is time for you to open it. Now you have got it." Lin Ye is a little surprised, and then looks down at his new sheathed sword "Is the fruit you said is this sword?"

"Yes, its name is Maple Fruit."

"... What a friendly name" Lin Ye says.

"Of course! I thought of it~" Messiah smiles at him cheekily.

"If you don't think it sounds good, you can call it Maple." Messiah says with a smile, "It's not a typical sword. You'll notice it when you use it later."

Lin Ye nods "I understand."

"No," I say. Messiah sighs and shakes his head. "You really don't get it. I meant that you will never lose again"

"Are you sure?" Lin Ye was perplexed at this point, "Why?"

Messiah stands up. Lin Ye is looking at her as she stood in front of him. Lin Ye can only stare at Messiah's stunning heterochromatic orbs with his raven ones.

"This may be the last time we ever meet but-"

"Since you accepted my sword, that means you belong to me~" Messiah teased.

The eyes of everyone in earshot bulges.

"And since you're my man, how can anyone defeat you?"

Messiah winks.

{Rhodes Island's Psychologist}

Draft by Jaq

Proofread by Weebly

Edit by Jaq