A HERO'S DEATH

___

___

Ethaline knew she was going to have fun when she spit in Bellatrix's face.

"Oh dear," Ethaline said with a smug smile, "Got a little something on your face."

Bellatrix trembled with fury, her jaw clenched down so hard Hermione feared she'd witness the woman die of anger before she was hurt. Bellatrix wiped it harshly, her hands shaking as she held her wand, "I know what you're doing."

Ethaline raised an eyebrow, leaning down on the ground comfortably, "Go on then," she shrugged, "Give it your best shot. I don't want to let your brain strain go to waste, I can see it turning to form the simplest of theories even a child could do it."

Bellatrix only chuckled lightly and waved her wand at them, "You're predictable."

Ethaline's face faltered as Bellatrix aimed the wand at Hermione, "As I said before you have no shortage of loved ones. The girl here is proof. Surely you can figure out how this will go by yourself."

Hermione paled as she realized what was about to happen as Ethaline shook her head rapidly, "Bella—"

"Crucio!"

Hermione's screams rang throughout the hall, startling the Nalfoy family just behind the door as Roma md Harry yelled in anger in frustration to be let go.

"I'll ask this one time," Bellatrix snarled, her face inches away from Hermione as she held her down, "Where did you get the sword?!"

Hermione whimpered, unable to form a coherent sentence as Ethaline called her name, "I'll tell you, I'll tell you anything you want just stop. Let her go—"

Bellatrix turned to face her, a sinister smile on her lips that made her look retrying and demonic like it took the blonde back by surprise. "Please!" Ethaline yelled in desperation.

Her aunt could see the desperation in her eyes making her feel powerful, now they were playing. She carefully started to climb off Hermione, her wand tapping Hermione's arm. The brunette frowned, feeling a sticky and firey sensation in her arm before it became more intense. Ethaline's eyes widdened in worry, "Hermione what's wrong?"

Hermione only whimpered, jher eyes filling with tears again, "Hermione!" Ethaline snapped her gaze to Bellatrix, "What are you doing?! I thought we had a deal!"

"We do," Bellatrix cooed as she began to slowly carve letters. "I just have to remind you who you're dealing with and this will also serve to remind you that I am not to be meddled with. Your sharp tongue and inability to stay in a cell is the cause—" Bellatrix snapped her gaze towards Ethaline.