History

"It's an area that was built centuries ago. It's harmful, only to mind fairies. It manipulates them, getting the fairy trapped in their thoughts. If they placed something of theirs into the vase the creature that is bound to the area will take the fairy, using their power against them. The creature makes the fairy very sick and the only way to treat them is to go back to the sight and reach into the vase. In hopes that they get it, but as they put their hand into the vase, the vase closes off for about two minutes. Trapping their hand from moving. In those two minutes the fairy would have their wings removed, but keep their powers. Back then it was normal for most fairies to have wings. But some didn't so the ones who didn't would have to suffer the pain of getting their wings removed and have the same scars on their back that the others would have if they had wings."

Fay was surprised that he didn't give a speech about how stupid she was but still was expecting it. She could feel brim tears in her honey hazel eyes, shaking her head and looked at him through her teary eyes.

"My magic has been heightened, I can hear everything at a much, much louder capacity and I could hear everyone in the school when I was in the forest." He nodded, a worried look covering his face.

"It will go away soon, because you were stopped before anything could have happened and you were stopped in the middle of the trance the side effects are just playing on your magic. Just be careful for the next little while." She nodded, hoping it happens soon as it is giving her a migraine. 

"When I was there, I think the creature was trying to get me. Its hands were cold and the flesh was rotten. When it touched my skin, it was like it was trying to burn me." 

"We're going to the greenhouse. Professor Harvey will treat them." Faye bit her lip, grimacing at the pain and nodded, handing him his phone and followed him to the greenhouse. She watched Professor Harvey make something and looked at Saul who was muttering things to him. He walked over to her, sitting at her side and spoke. 

"Faya, why would you go there? You know Farah will help you, you will be able to get by a day without having the headaches. It was stupid to go past the barrier. I know you know that. So I'm not going to be too harsh."

"I know. I feel stupid for doing it." She whispered, angry at herself. She took her bracelet out from her pocket. Wrapping it back around her wrist and got a paste placed around her ankles to treat the burns. 

"I think Stella did something so I couldn't read her mind. I think she might've used an illusion barrier." She whispered, trying to get her head wrapped around it. 

"I'll make sure she gets spoken to about it. Just for now,  get some rest." Saul squeezed her shoulder, letting the girl catch her breath. Faya saw him as a second father and appreciates what he does for her family. Faya hugged him, softly smiling as he hugged back and nodded. 

"Thank you." Faya said, walking off and headed for the dormitory. She entered and saw no one was in there. The fairy quickly changed into her pyjamas, lying down on the bed and placed her headphones on. The music filled her ears and she clutched onto the blankets. Bringing them over her shoulders and turned on her side. 

(Play the song until it finishes. I think it suits the story well.)

Saul's POV 

"Ben, she's going to be okay, right?" I asked worriedly, still standing in the greenhouse facing Ben with my arms crossed against my chest. Faya was a daughter in my eyes, I've known her parents since we were teens and stayed friends ever since. If something bad were to happen to Faya it would be like I lost an actual daughter.