[8] Hello Liyue

"What is he doing here?" Diluc mutters under his breath.

You sweatdrop.

'Something tells me making a team with my friends isn't going to be easy.'

You open then close your mouth, noting Kaeya was still nearby. Awkwardly, you take a glance at him.

"Wait, let me explain further." with that, you ushered away from the tree, with Diluc following behind. "I want to tell you this in private." you quietly say, and he nods.

"Well, the thing is," you start - looking at him. "After you helped me.. I wanted you to join my adventures... and.. I hope you don't take this the wrong way but I'm inviting you and my friends to join my travels."

You smile. "I already invited some of them and I'd love for you to join too.. I hope I'm not being rude."

You almost falter as Diluc stared down at you, in deep thoughts.

"No, not at all. But travelling is quite dangerous itself already. I'd imagine there would be enemies galore in the journey's path."

"Well, that's why I gathered my friends together.. and that way we can work together to help each other." You grinned. "We already have--"

"We?" His razor-sharp gaze shifts to you. "There's already some of them here?"

"Yeah." You rose a brow, vexed by the thought of the navy blue-haired man. "The Cavalry Captain, Kaeya--"

Suddenly, he swiftly walked away. Specifically, towards to his Winery.

"Diluc?" you stared at him.

He glances over his shoulder, pointing a firm finger at the direction of the Winery. "I'm going to collect some of my items. If you're talking about that Cavalry Captain, there's no way he can be trusted around women. I'll be there in a short time, (Y/n)."

Whoa, you've never seen the reserved Diluc so aggravated. Kaeya must've had quite the reputation in Mondstadt. Then again, that probably wasn't good.

Paimon shakes her head. "What was that all about..? Paimon's never seen Diluc that mad before.."

You think back to Diluc's history with his estranged adopted sibling Kaeya, but then shrug it off. It'll be a story saved for another day.

For now, you walk back up to Windrise, planning to happily greet your friends.

Arriving at Windrise, you find your companions staring at you. Venti breathes peacefully beneath the tree shade, while Kaeya was staring at you.

"Venti, Kaeya! I'm glad to see you both here." You smile.

"Oh, why if it isn't our famous little traveler." Kaeya grins before noticing your glares. "Aw why so cold? I thought we've always enjoyed our.. quite deep friendships."

"Emphasis on friendships." you said. "Anyways, why did you arrive here in Windrise so early?"

"Oh, don't act like you don't miss me or anything." He chuckles lightly. Noticing your stares, he waves his finger. "Now now, why're you such a grump?"

You fold your arms. "Wouldn't the Knights of Favonius be looking for you?"

"The Knights of Favonius won't miss me if I'm gone for a little while." Kaeya hums. "Hmph come on, why not spend some time with me?"

"Because we have company." You glance at Venti.

The bard let out a chuckle. "Hehe, don't mind me here. I just like the wind amongst the branches, I love the way it smells." but he did stare at you for an explanation on why Kaeya was here.