Chapter 59

He

After arriving at Rong Heng's headquarters, he was immediately invited by his secretary. He didn't waste any more time and walked to the elevator.

His mind configured up every situation, if they meet would she cast him away? Will she get angry, that's for sure though. Just remembering her silent anger and the grievance overflowing from her eyes left him a bitter taste in his mouth.

If he met her today would she refuse his visit? Shout at him and curse him for his false promises? What if she didn't come out? He'll beg, that's what he'll do until she forgives.

But what if she forgets him? Nothing is worse than for her to forget him. His stone-cold heart would crumble to pieces if she asks him for his name. He would then undoubtedly pray to all gods of every religion just for her to remember.

His thoughts left him to feel cold, his fear amplifying as he reached his business partner's office.

"Oh, I thought you'll never come he-"

"Where is Juan?" He beat around the bush and asked his heart beating so fast as he anticipated his answer.

Rong Heng's eyes showed confusion, his earlier mocking halted as he looked at his enemy and undercover friend.

"What? How did you know her?"

"Just answer me!" he held a pleading voice behind those anxious words.

"She's near our house, you know the apartment that He Yan owned befo-"

"Thank you" he gripped his shoulder and looked at him with red eyes and left.

For so long he has longed for his wish to happen, for every second and for every minute he lives, he missed her existence. For every memory, they created, all of those sunk in his deepest brain, not wanting to unravel his inverted scale.

He wouldn't let her go once he takes hold of her. He will give her all she wanted. If she wanted to remain like they were before then he will do so. If she wanted riches and fame then he will give her everything he has. If he wanted to stay away from him, he will wait for her until she can accept him again.

Everything else doesn't matter except her.

...

He has reached his destination and all he could feel is his cold stiff hands and his fast-beating heart. He took a big breath and get out of the car, searched for her address, and then finally stand on her door.

She's finally within his reach, just steps away and he'll see her again, it just takes one more step and he'll finally meet her.

Just one step further, it will divide whether that step will give him a chance or left him hopeless.

He knocked on the door, the sound the same as his heart. Then he heard her voice, his eyes lighted up and his heart constructs in both pain and joy.

He heard steps running towards the door and soon he heard a voice, so tender and sweet unlike hers.

It made him slightly confused, for the past day he did nothing but basked in nostalgia and think of ways to let her know his reason for his unfulfilled promise.

He has never asked nor knows her recent situation, how she has lived in the past five years and how she had survived.

He doesn't dare to in fear that her heart doesn't belong to him anymore.

"Who is it?" Said the voice from behind him, it was clearly a child's voice, a girl.

He stopped knocking, his head submerged into cold as his mind turned its engine.

Is she married? Is that year child? Is she no longer his? Is she never coming back to him?

Countless thoughts and questions filled his mind until he reigns it, he doesn't want to think and assume. He could only strengthen his will and hoped that she has never loved another again.

Then he noticed her eyes, it was still clear and pure just like before. It was like he's back to the orphanage where he first landed his eyes on her.

She shouted at the child to go to their room, JuJu, his heart threatened to burst into pain after realizing the child's name.

It can't be.

***
Chapter 59 is up!

I have an exam and also a thesis defense so wish me luck people!

Have a great day everyone! Stay safe and healthy!

Make sure to VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.

Thank you!