[11] Camaraderie

"...Alright. I suppose we should go look for him."

You teleported back to the harbor via Teleport Waypoint, striding through the streets. As for now your top priority is finding Kaeya, along with an explanation who Zhongli is to your friends.

Your gaze lands at the sight of the harbor. The cool wind of the sea motivates you to continue looking for Kaeya.

Since Liyue Harbor is quite large on its own, it'll definitely going to take a while to find the Cavalry Captain.

You turn to your friends. "Hey Venti, can you summon wind currents here?"

"Of course. I wouldn't be much of a glider if I couldn't now, would I?" Venti replies.

"Can you summon one right now? There's a high chance we'll get lost again, so I thought we should just make a shortcut in the sky."

"Now that's an idea! I'm beginning to feel dizzy striding in circles in this city. A shortcut would be fantastic." Venti glances at the shore.

Paimon raises a brow in concern. "...Don't you think this might be risky?"

"Well (Y/n) here has glided through the skies of Mondstadt with ease, so gliding through Liyue should be a piece of cake for her." Venti cheers, placing a hand on your shoulder.

"Though you should remember you're in Liyue now, not Mondstadt." Diluc reminds.

You and your friends discuss about ways of travelling quicker. Some wacky ideas were thrown around. It took a while but Diluc disapproves of gliding in the giant city because it might be dangerous.

"Diluc please let us glide in Liyue." You spoke.

"No, I suggest we should just walk ourselves to the harbor. It's not that far from here."

You have no choice but to get Venti and fly. There's not much danger in gliding now, is there? You're used to it anyways. You then whisper "Wind Rise." to Venti, a code name he should understand.

When he got the signal, he grins mischievously.

"Alright, now that's decided... Unfortunately (Y/n) I can't help you this time..."

Diluc lets out a sigh of relief, Paimon too.

A lot has happened during this trip, they don't want to come across any danger.

For once, the bard isn't up to any shenanigans--

"Sike, prepare for takeoff!" Venti winks, then he summons a wind current, sending you and him to the sky. He twirls around for a bit before opening his glider.

You jumped up and extended your glider, then started gliding away. From above Liyue, you glided down towards the harbor.

Venti follows behind you, gliding like you were buddies hanging out in the sky.

Diluc and Paimon's protests from below went distant, as you and Venti descend down onto the Harbor.

"Freedom is OURS!" You cheer aloud, tilting downwards.

"Let's goo!" Venti yells beside you.

"(Y/n) wait for Paimon!" A voice calls from below, followed by another plead for you to get down.

"Huh, Diluc is following us." You mumble as you and Venti land on the wooden port. As soon as you turn to a corner you see Kaeya sitting by the sea.

You make this happy inhumane noise and started approaching the man.

"Kaeya, I finally found you!" You exclaimed, sprinting towards him. Along with Venti, who was following you.

"Kaeyaaa!" You shout so loud that he almost falls into the water in shock.