Tome 1 | Log 6

The home of Y/n Whulfwinn was a sort of landmark for the city of Arche. The large stone building looked as if it had been dipped in gold, and was easily recognisable by the people of the circle of Greed. Though the castle-like construct originally had no name, the residents of Arche had already formulated a nickname of sorts for the edifice.

The Gilded Manor.

Unlike the city itself and the homes that resided within, the Gilded Manor had no gate fencing it off or guards defending it. Why bother buying a fence to protect a house when one of the most dangerous entities already lived there? No demon in Arche was stupid enough to try break and enter the home of Y/n, and those who attempted never lived to tell the tale.

On the topic of Y/n, the greedy demon himself sat alone in the Gilded Manor, comfortably resting in a dark room on an expensive recliner in front of a lit fireplace—the reason for this being questionable, considering he's in Hell—counting gold with one hand with a cigarette in the other.

Y/n took a long deep breath, inhaling as much smoke as possible, before releasing it all in one bliss filled sigh. This was Y/n's paradise; living in comfort with the company of his gold and the solace of lung cancer given form, all while resting in front of the homely heat that illuminated the darkness.

His own little world within the depths of Hell.

He took another quick puff before continuing his duty. "...67, 68, 69." He listed off, gently placing the numbered gold bars in a neatly stacked pile next to his recliner. Once in place, he reached over to the other side of his chair and pulled out a few more. "...70, 71, 72." He continued, doing the same to these bars as he did the others.

This was his routine that he did on the daily. Some questioned the purpose of counting gold that you hoarded for years without spending. Some thought that it was a sort of relaxation mechanism—a way to wind down. Some thought of it as him being his usually greedy self, making sure nothing was stolen, while some thought he was merely basking in the glow of his riches and luxury.

In hindsight, it was a mixture of all three.

The peaceful atmosphere around the Sin of Greed was soon broken, interrupted by a familiar presence drawing closer and closer to the manor. A series of knocks followed soon after.

Y/n sighed in displeased frustration, tossing his cigarette into the fireplace and heading up the stairs, all while grumbling to himself. In one hand, he gathered his sinly powers, golden cracks running along his arm and skin turning ashen black. A golden aura leaked from his hand, licking the sides of his arm and filling him with a new found energy. In the case that the demon at the door was a thief of sorts, they would meet a quick end at his hand, just as all the others had.

His grumbling complaints hadn't ceased even when he was halfway up, but on his face a sadistic smirk graced his features. Though he hated having his relaxation time interrupted, it was always a pleasure to have more golden statues to decorate the manor. The Sin of Greed made a small chuckling noise as he passed a few demon shaped golden statues—faces of pure terror plastered on them.

Thieves, blood thirsty killers, power hungry warmongers, all who tried to enter the Gilded Manor would never leave, they would instead find themselves among the other golden statues of demons who had tried before them; Forever trapped in their aureate prison, their only purpose being a decoration tool and a symbol to fools who thought they could conquer the accursed Manor.

Now standing right at the door, Y/n grasped the handle so tightly that it began to crush and bend under the pressure. He tried looking through the peephole, but found that whoever was on the other side had blocked it and was hiding their aura.