CHAPTER 06

Thwart
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

         TORD did try to read the mood put of the male who sat across him, still staring at his blue phone screen. It felt odd. He felt odd, or just, plain awkward everytime he found himself narrowing his eyes and sparing a glance at the void eyed brit. Just what was he up to? It's always something asshole-ish he's about to do. His thoughts were snapped out when Edd banged his fists on the table, all while grinning wide and munching onto the cereal as he spoke about something he couldn't quite comprehend. "What?" Tord blinked, "What are you even saying, Edd?" he said, pausing in eating his own breakfast.

"I said," Edd retrieted, swallowing another spoonful of cereal, "We allf sshood go tfo-" he wasn't even able to complete when Tom looked up from his phone. "Yeah, I don't get whatever the shit you were talking." that statement alone made the green clad pout as he ate his breakfast. Matt was already done with his as he walked toward the sink and placed the plate, washing his hands and walking toward the living room. Edd finished his meal as well as he stood up as placed the bowl to the sink. Then turning around to two who were still at the table, "It's Tom's turn to do the dishes. Don't forget!" that enough made the other groan as he looked up at the ceiling and then at edd, "Why can't this commie do it instead? He barely does any chores!" Tord's eye twitched when Tom pointed his thumb at him. "For your information, I am taking out the grocery today, and the trash." he snarled and Tom rolled his pitch black orbs(or sockets). "You heard him, Tom. Tord and I are going to the grocery store today. So if you wanna tag along better do the dishes first!" Edd grinned and Tom replied with a scowl. "No thanks. I'd rather me stay here instead." Edd pretended to be hurt by the statement he made, giving off a dramatic scoff. "Well whatever, more time for me while I buy more stacks of cola!"
"Not a day goes by without you and your stupid cola." Tom mumbled under his breathe, inaudible to the other two. Edd gave a pout before reminding Tom about the dishes, then walked off to where Matt was watching television in the living room. Leaving both Tom and Tord alone by themselves. This was obviously too late for them to realize, an eerie silence hanging in the air, the only sound in the kitchen were the droplets of water from the faucet in the sink. And Tord's slow chewing on his breakfast. Tom didn't even say a word, he didn't look at him either, it was getting awkward. Eventually Tord had gotten up first, Tom only gazing up at him for a millisecond before going back to his phone. Just what exactly has he been boring his eyes into that screen? Tord was quick to discard his dirty plate into the sink, washing and drying his hands out as he walked to the fridge, a sudden urge to drink cold water. "About last night," Tom flinched, turning around to look at Tord, who stood beside the fridge while taking out a bottle of cold water. "Why'd you do that?" as he closes the fridge, Tom narrowed his eyes, as if thinking hard. "Did you hate it that much? Why are you so curious." There's a sudden thump heard from the enterance of the kitchen, both heads turn around where the sound came from only find the space empty. What was that?  Tord then responded after the brief moment of glancing at the doorway.  "I don't know if I should really be thankful for that. You literally came out of no where to help, I didn't even ask." Tom clicked on his tongue, getting off the chair and dug his phone into one of his pockets. "If you're gonna have a problem with that, I won't help you next time."
"Oh, so there's a next time too?" he emphasized the word;next time with his thick accent dripping in venom. "I'm leaving." Tom spat out as he began to walk out when Tord blocked the enterance, standing right through it. "You're supposed to do the dishes." he smirked when seeing the other scowl as he turned back his heel and stomp his way to the sink. When tord left, he was immediately met with edd who stood right beside. "Tord! Hey!" he beamed, "Hey..? What're you doing near the-" Tord wondered as he asked, but Edd was quick to cut him off. "Nothing. I just came by. We're out of cola." he shrugged, and knitted his brows together. "And groceries-" Edd nodded, "Yeah, yeah. That too!" he seemed to get all fidgety all of a sudden, what's up with that? Nevertheless, Tord didn't think much of it.

In a few hours, he's going out with Edd for grocery shopping. Right after he's taken out all of the trash of course. And Tom had to make things the worst like he would always do as an asshole.
"What the fuck, Tom?" Tord snarled as tom stomped over the trash he had 'accidentally' spilled. It was a mess. "Didn't see that coming. Whoops." Tom hummed, passing by him as he kicked out some bits of trash by his feet. At that moment Tord really wanted to murder him. Is this his way of getting back at him? Then he might as well would do the same. He grumbled curses in Norwegian as he began to clean up, when Matt passed by  looked at what he was doing. "Ugh, it stinks here." he pinched at his nose and Tord rolled his eyes. "What'd you expect? This is trash." the ginger stayed quite, before chiming in. "Let me help-" as soon as he crouched down to pick up, he jerked his hand back. "Yeahhh, uh, nevermind!" Tord snickered when he sees Matt leave, then cleaning the rest of it alone. After finally throwing it out, he closed the door behind him as he walked to the washroom to wash off his hands.
As he passed through the living room, glancing at his other room mates— specifically the void eyed male, since he made a mess back there. And for second—only a millisecond—the two had a brief eye contact before Tord turned around.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
[A/N] : lmao Matt only had so little dialogue in this lol. sorry if this chapter was super borning but I swear I'm trying-
I know i gone for a very long time too like I literally came after a whole year? This part was written around arpil 14 of 2021 so apologies if it looks a bit off aaahhh🚶🏾‍♀️