𝐢𝐢𝐢. summer heat, queen's on repeat.

꧁—— ❦ ——꧂

꧁—— ❦ ——꧂

            An acute torridity enclosed Little Whinging; the sultry weather burned, twirling and twisting through the air to touch exposed skin, creeping underneath fabrics and leaving lines of scarlet in it's wake as people hid, concealed in the shadows, withering.

The stylus trailed the etched grooves of the record, drawing attention to the hidden nicks, blissful beats filled the air, patio resounding with the tune. It was melodic — a captivating thrum that drew you in, visions of an unattainable past dancing behind your lids.

"Send me the pillow that you dream on.
Don't you know that I still care for you?"

Her vision momentarily went black as shapes formed in front of her until she was standing in the corner of her old living room; four years old and standing on her fathers feet, hands intertwined, spinning in circles and swaying with the beat, blonde pigtails flying through the air, laughter and off key singing echoing through the house.

"Send me the pillow that you dream on.
So darling, I can dream on it, too."

She took a step forward only to be violently thrown backwards, grabbing onto the patio table as she blinked back into focus, standing in her backyard. She cleared her throat, thickly swallowing and smoothing over her shirt, humming to the tune as she pushed the memories away, locking them beneath the barrier in her mind, twirling with each step towards the bush of pale pink peonies.

"Each night while I'm sleeping, oh so lonely.
I'll share your love in dreams that were once true."

Lavinia halted in front of the flowers, standing on her tiptoes to peer over the fence to her right where she swore she saw a mop of raven hair, following the sound of shears until she spotted the young boy, sitting on his knees and hunched over the garden.

"Hello, Harry." Lavinia said, watching as he jumped.

Harry flushed, pushing at the bridge of his glasses, "Oh, hello."

Lavinia threw her hands on-top of the fence, resting her chin on the back of her hand. "You don't seem very excited to see me." She drawled. "Am I a bore?"

"No... you're... " Harry sputtered, scrambling to stand up straight, "You're brilliant."

"Aren't you sweet." Lavinia teased with a grin, "Don't go spoiling me, Mr Potter."

"Send me the pillow that you dream on.
So darling, I can dream on it too."

The blush that darkened on his face satisfied Lavinia, watching as he struggled to form a sentence. As much as she hated to admit it something about him had drawn her in; his lack of burning hands intrigued her, absentmindedly wondering what he could have done to be free from his sins. She spent eight days peeking over the fence and watching out the front window, yet, today was the only day he had made an appearance.