twitter / interview 1.15

ACCESSHollywood: We sat down (virtually) with the cast of Marvel's Avengers to chat all things superhero and how the actors are occupying their time, during the hiatus!

204.8k retweets | 102.6k likes

-

Interviewer: Thank you all for taking time out of your lockdowns to chat to us today!

Chris H: Thank you for having us.

Interviewer: So Chris, how's life down in Australia?

Chris H: It's okay. Our rates are going down and what not so it feels good to spend some quality time with my family.

Interviewer: Do your kids love that you're a superhero?

Chris H: They really don't care. They just see me as their uncool dad.

Interviewer: And what about you, Scarlett?

Scarlett: She's kind of replaced me with Maia. She thought I was cool before but she's like Maia's number one fan.

Maia: Rightly so.

Interviewer: So, let's talk a little about the movie. Chris, is there anything you can tell us?

Chris E: As always Marvel has us on tight leashes with anything upcoming but this film really sees the Avengers take on something new, something that they never have before so I think it's really exciting how we introduce that into the MCU.

Interviewer: By that, you mean a new villain?

Chris E: Yes, obviously there's another villain but the whole enemy as a whole is a completely different territory.

Interviewer: Now, there's rumours that Brie Larson is joining the MCU? Is there anything you guys can comment on?

Anthony: Those leashes just got a whole lot tighter.

Interviewer: No little spoilers?

Paul: You would need Tom or Mark here to get anything out of us.

Interviewer: So, that's a no or yes to Brie?

Maia: Honestly most of the time, even we don't know what's coming or who's coming into the MCU unless it's directly involved with our character. That being said, I adore Brie and would love her to join us.

Scarlett: Nicely done, Maia.

Anthony: And that's how Marvel trains you! Bravo!

Interviewer: Very good. Nice deflect. Now in last film, we saw a lot of tension between your character, Maia and the rest of the Avengers, can you tell us anything about how that develops in the new film?

Maia: Yeah, she was very much an outsider and kind of had to learn the ways of how SHIELD works, compared to HYDRA but I think towards the end, we saw her warming to the Avengers. I'm hoping we can explore that some and she can bring some new skills and some excitement for the fans.

Interviewer: I think that is what the amazing thing is about your character, we saw her as a villain but everybody absolutely loved her. It's not often you get a villain that is hard to hate.

Maia: Yeah, she had a real quirky attitude about her which I think was easy to fall in love with so I'm really happy that translated across to fans. It's something you want to work in films, like the Avengers because when you have such a big film, with even bigger characters and you're part of that, there is no real time for your own big characters arcs. You really get such a small amount of time to try and sell whatever part of your character that you want too. There's a real pressure for it, especially when you don't have this solo film like myself and Elizabeth and Scarlett.

Interviewer: And do you think that's a problem with Marvel? That the ladies have yet to get a real lead.

Maia: 100%. I think there's room everywhere for more inclusivity and there's no reason as to why Black Widow, who's been in this MCU franchise as long as Captain America, has really no back story or real depth other than what Scarlett has been able to give her in these films.

Scarlett: I agree. There's so much room out there for these women to be able to tell their story and I would love to explore Black Widow's past. I know I'm biased but it's such an interesting backstory, I think Natasha's story deserves to be told.

Interviewer: I would agree. I think we would all love a Black Widow film.

Interviewer: So Elizabeth and Maia, you two are quarantining together, right?

Elizabeth: We are.

Interviewer: I half expected you to be on the same call.

Elizabeth: It was contemplated but it's easier to be opposite ends, less distraction per say.

Anthony: Hey yo!

Elizabeth: NO Mackie. Before you even start, no.

Interviewer: I love the banter you guys all have with each other. Does it make it easier for you guys to keep Marvel secrets now you share a room?

Maia: In terms of Marvel, it's a lot easier to be close
with someone that is also a part of the same project because you can talk and spill spoilers to each other. Not that after a 12 hour shoot, we both want to go home together and talk about yet more Marvel plots.

Interviewer: Is that a perk of the job?

Maia: Oh for sure, it's my new motto. Date somebody in the Marvel Universe.

Elizabeth: It better not be.

For the full interview, click the link in our bio!