155

"You ruined it!"

Faline looks up at Malia's voice as she tows her boyfriend away.

Stiles baulks at this accusation as he slides onto the bench next to Faline.

"Why would I want to ruin your yearbook photo?"

"Maybe because you haven't signed up for your own photo yet?" Faline chips in. 

Stiles smiles smugly as he digs into his pockets.

"Yes, I did!"

Stiles pulls out a folded up sheet of paper and unfolds it before showing it to Faline, though he doesn't look at it for himself. When Faline sees that nothing is filled out, she looks at him in confusion.

"Are you trying to play a trick?"

"What do you mean?"

"It's blank!" Faline says.

Stiles frowns and looks at the paper, and it's clear by his surprise that he thought he filled it out. After a moment, Scott, who is so busy with his own schoolwork that he doesn't immediately look up at his friends, pipes up with his own observation.

"Or maybe you're sublimating the stress of graduating by avoiding key milestones?"

Lydia, Faline, and Malia share a confused look before turning to stare blankly at Scott, and when Scott notices the silence, he looks up at them and gestures toward them with the pen in his hand.

"Psych paper"

"Oh-"

Stiles, trying to redirect Scott, Faline, Lydia, and Malia to the task at hand, gesticulates wildly to get their attention.

"Hey, the deputies searched the car. No slugs, no exit hole. And, the address Alex gave my dad? It's an abandoned house"

The four look at Stiles as though they don't understand where he's going with this, and when Stiles sees their questioning expressions, he starts to lose his patience as well.

"Come on! Missing parents? A suspicious guy on horseback? Magic bullet? Who's coming with?" Stiles asks.

Scott, Faline, Malia, and Lydia all seem completely unenthusiastic about this endeavour.

"I have to retake my photos"

Lydia makes a face at Stiles

"Yeah- not interested-"

Scott and Faline are the only ones who look at all guilty about being unable to accompany Stiles.

"I cannot miss any more classes," Scott says.

Stiles looks very disappointed in Scott and continues to protest as Scott tries to explain himself.

"Scott-"

"I missed thirty-eight last semester"

"Scott--S-"

"And Lydia's mom is the only reason I'm still in school"

Scott's expression becomes kinder as he tries to compromise with his best friend.

"I can go after school"

Stiles, offended by all of his friends declining his request to skip school and investigate the disappearance of Alex Turner's parents, immediately backtracks.

"You know what? Forget it. I'll take Liam"

Stiles turns to the left to find Liam so he can invite him to investigate, only to sigh when he finds Liam passionately making out with Hayden on a nearby park bench. After a moment, Scott, Lydia, Faline, and Malia look over and see them kissing as well, though the only one who looks surprised and annoyed by this is Stiles.