.30. ɪɴ ᴡʜɪᴄʜ ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴅᴇᴄɪᴅᴇ ᴡʜᴏ ᴡɪɴs (ᴏʀ ɴᴏᴛ)

"So. What do you make of this?"

An older gentleman dressed in a suit placed a newspaper on the coffee table. The front page featured a long shot of King's Cross station, a blurry crowd in the foreground. One had to look twice to notice the flying device the photographer had barely managed to get in the frame.

"An unexpected outcome. For certain," replied another sophisticated fellow adjusting his monocle to examine the unforeseen development.

"They were running off together."

"Where to though? According to some witnesses, your protégé had been handcuffed. Clearly, you lose."

Another paper dropped on top of the previous one. Its cover illustration was a rather high quality close-up of two men who might have been kissing, judging from their hands around each other's waist. "The pictures don't lie. Taehyung had won him over."

There was a quiet snort. "Kids."

"Kids who had the guts to do what we never could."

"Don't go there, old friend."

A sad laugh. "Friend. I guess that's all we'll ever be."

"We're too old to be anything but friends."

"We weren't always old, you know."

A dismissive hand. "I don't understand your need to be nostalgic all of sudden. But I must ask you this: who's that second pawn you released?"

"I'm not sure what you mean."

"Arsène, quit playing. Plenty of people witnessed the flight of another glider."

"Taehyung's workmanship, I'll admit that much."

"But who was flying it?"

"Your guess is as good as mine."

Wattpad fanfic writers write for free, but one way you can show your appreciation for their hard work is to vote!

Thank you for reading ~♡