𝐕𝐈.𝐗𝐗𝐈

REPETITION

"Well, what are we gonna do now?" Steve questioned frustratedly, his hand's resting on Darla's biceps.

"You know what? Give me a break, Steve. I just got hit in the head with the Hulk." Tony shrugged as he leant against the window frame of the car.

"You said that we had one shot. This–this was our shot. We shot it. It's shot. Six stones or nothing. Six stones or nothing-" Scott shouted angrily as he knew repeating himself.

"You're repeating yourself, you know that? You're repeating yourself." Tony pointed out causing Darla to let out a groan and turn to face Steve.

He smiled down at her almost guiltily. He wanted to get her family back for her, he wanted to get everyone back. Steve pressed his lips to her forehead and gave her biceps a light squeeze.

"You're repeating yourself. You're repeating yourself. You know– No. You never wanted a time heist, you went on board with the time heist–" Scott continued to shout a Tony.

"I dropped the ball." Tony shrugged looking across to Darla. She and Peter were the only reason that he was even willing to do the time heist.

"You ruined the time heist." Scott shouted, throwing his arms up frustratedly.

"Is that what I did?" Tony questioned almost cockily.

"Yeah!" Scott shouted back.

"That's enough." Darla snapped, sending a shock to both of them accidentally. She covered her mouth in shock once she realised what she did. "I'm so sorry." She whispered as Steve pulled her back slightly.

"Deep breath." He whispered into her ear, he knew that the shocks weren't enough to hurt either Scott or Tony, but he knew that she still felt guilty for it. "Are there any other options with the Tesseract?"

"No, no, no. There's no other options. There's no do-overs." Scott said angrily as he slammed the car door shut. "We're not going anywhere else. We have one particle left. Each. That's it, alright? We use that– Bye, bye. You're not going home."

"Yeah, well if we don't try, then no one else is going home, either." Steve reminded him.

Tony looked up to Darla with his signature smile before saying,

"I got it. There's another way. To retake the Tesseract and acquire new particles." Tony said as he climbed out of the car. "We'll stroll down memory lane. Military installation, Garden State."

Steve tensed up at the idea, which didn't go unnoticed by the blonde, so she gave his hand a small squeeze.

"When were they both there?" Steve questioned curiously.

If he had to go further back in time to bring everyone back and make Darla truly happy again, then he would.

"They were there at a– I've a vaguely exact idea." Tony spoke calmly.

"How vague?" Darla whispered as she looked up between the two men.

"What are you talking about? Where are we going?" Scott questioned curiously, desperately wanting to know what was going on.

"I know for a fact they were there–"

"Who's they? What are we doing?" Scott continued to question.

"Well, it looks like we're improvising." Steve uttered as he looked down towards Darla.

She didn't seem to happy about the plan. She knew that if it didn't work, then she would lose everyone she loved for good.

"Scott, get this back to the compound." Steve ordered as he handed Scott the scepter. "Baby, you go too."

"No." Darla shook her head and looked up to Steve. "I'm not losing you both too. I can't."

Tony nodded in the girls direction. He understood that she would rather live her life somewhere else than lose them both.

"Suit up." Tony instructed. "1-9-7-0."

"Are you sure?" Steve questioned anxiously as he linked his hand with Darla's.

This was their last chance to make it work and bring everyone back home. If this didn't work, not only were they stuck there in 1970, but they also lost all of their friends and family.

"Cap. Captain. Steve, sorry, America. Rogers." Darla was slightly taken back by all the names that Scott had just given Steve. "Look, if you do this, and this doesn't work, you're not coming back."

"Thanks for the pep talk, pissant." Tony said sarcastically towards Scott before turning to Steve and Darla. "Do you trust me?"

"I do." Steve nodded with a warm smile.

"With my life." Darla resorted as she looked towards Tony, the only father figure left in her life.

"Your call." Tony smirked teasingly, placing his hand on Darla's bicep and smiling down at her.

He was so proud of how far she had come since they first met. He was proud to say that she was like a daughter to him.

"Here we go." Steve muttered as the three of them clicked on their quantum suits and went back in time to the Military installation, Garden State.