𝟘𝟛𝟡.

AMOUR
CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE ━━ r̶o̶m̶e̶o̶ juliet + juliet

▎AMOUR ▎CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE ━━ r̶o̶m̶e̶o̶ juliet + juliet

━━━━━━━━━━

OVER THE PAST TWO WEEKS, PRESENTS WERE COMING LEFT AND RIGHT. Lyra's birthday was in July but the majority of her friends had given her presents already. In most cases she understood why. Zayna, for example wouldn't be coming back next year because her parents were concerned about her safety.

The present she gave her may have been one of the best; a photo with the autograph of Paul Rudd, Lyra's favourite muggle actor. She sometimes had to remind herself that Zayna's father was a famous director who worked on plenty of known movies.

One being the Romeo and Juliet movie she and Demelza would were going to watch that day. Easter Break arrived and everyone was home again. Lyra wasn't going out except for one date. Her aunt and uncle had been getting worried about her safety lately and she didn't want to worry them even more by going out.

Demelza's parents were divorced and while she lived in the muggleworld with her mother, her father was a member of the Ministry. Lyra never met Mr. Robins before but his ex-wife was a very pleasant woman.

Mrs. Wilson opened the door. She embraced Lyra and after they exchanged greetings, she invited her inside. "Demelza is getting ready, she'll be here in a minute," she explained as she poured the hot drink in Lyra's cup.

"Thank you," said Lyra, taking her cup.

"So, how have you been? Is wizard school going well?" Mrs. Wilson asked.

"Yes, but it has been hard, though. Our O.W.L's are coming up soon and it's stressing me out a bit."

"O.W.L's? What are those?"

"It's the exams us fifth years take to determine what career is best for us. Has Demelza not told you?"

Mrs. Wilson looked down. "No. . .she hasn't." Lyra could tell she was upset by it. She never wondered how close Demelza and her mother recently were. She only talked about her dad while they just saw each other a few times. "Anyway, what are you planning to do?"

Before break, Lyra talked with McGonagall about her career plans. To her surprise were most of her grades above average especially Arithmancy and Potions (a subject she once struggled with). When Lyra said she had no idea what she wanted to do, McGonagall suggested becoming an Unspeakable.

After that she'd done some research (with Natalie) and became interested in the job. "It's this thing called an Unspeakable. I went to the Ministry of Magic last year and went to many rooms where they work. Super cool stuff and my godfather told me they use Arithmancy which is my strongest subject."