"Plans"

Sebastien Laurent

It has been a month and a half since that movie marathon at my house and Naomi and I's games have continued, though they've toned down recently and it seems like our self-control has significantly improved as we've gotten used to sex being out of the picture.

Also, we've stuck to dates in mostly public places, though whenever I'm recognized, Naomi has continued to put on an act as if she's just a journalist interviewing me. At least she no longer calls me 'Mr. Laurent' when she does it. The points she's made about her career and all are valid, but it frustrates me that I can't simply say she and I are on a date and whomever is approaching me about a pitch or for a photo can fuck right off.

Anyway, to avoid more of that, I decided to invite Naomi to my house this weekend. We've stuck to this 'no sex' rule for six weeks at this point and I trust our ability to stay the course. Besides, I've made the decision that we will not have sex until we've agreed to date each other exclusively. I want a relationship with that woman and it is the first time in a long time that I've wanted that from anyone.

I've also put up a few guards to keep things from getting out of hand. Today, we're going on a hike that will take up most of the day, so we'll be too tired when we get home to engage in any strenuous activity. Tonight for dinner, I plan to cook, which will keep me plenty occupied. She'll be staying in the guest room farthest from my room with her own bathroom. On Sunday, I'm taking her out for breakfast and then I have a day trip planned for us to Santa Cruz. Again, we'll be occupied and out most of the day and then too tired by the time we get home.

"Oh wow, this trail is going to give us a beautiful view of the water," Naomi beams, breaking me out of my thoughts.

"That's why I chose it," I respond with a smile as we pull into the parking lot.

###

Naomi Monroe

That hike was hard as fuck, but the view was worth it and Sebastien and I took like a million pictures. God, I love spending time with this man.

As soon as we got back to his house, we went to our separate rooms and took showers. He seriously put me in the guest room that is way down the hall from his room, but whatever. By the time I finish lotioning myself down, I can hear the noises of pots and pans in the kitchen as it sounds like Sebastien is getting dinner started.

We've been more merciful in our games lately, so I wear a loose pair of sweatpants and a large white teeshirt as pajamas with no plans for any funny business like I did during our movie night over a month ago. When I walk into the kitchen, I'm thankful of Sebastien's attempt to show me the same mercy with his black teeshirt that isn't hugging his body too much.

However...

The man is wearing gray sweatpants. I tell myself it's an innocent mistake on his part because he doesn't seem too caught up on that particular part of modern day discourse. And besides, my eyes have no business going in that direction anyway considering that this 'no sex' rule is still standing strong.

"Are you sure you don't want any help with cooking?" I ask and he simply points me in the direction of the living room where he's already turned on my favorite show - Grey's Anatomy - which he relentlessly teases me about.

"Fine," I groan as I walk over and plop myself in the couch.

While I continue to rewatch old episodes of the show, the enticing smells of garlic and roasted tomatoes tickle at my nose. I turn and stretch my head, trying to get a peek at what he's preparing for us. Without even looking up from what he's doing, Sebastien says my name with a warning in his tone and I turn around to face the TV again and wait.