twelve

DAVINA'S POV:

10 months before* (NOTHING TO DO WITH PAST OR PRESENT ITS A COUNTDOWN)

"What about this?" I pulled out a crimson, knee-length dressed and waved it in front of Eli. The fabric was rough but still durable and loose enough to feel comfortable in.

I've been acting "strange"- what Eli calls it, so now he's forcing me out the door and into a club. I'm not even the age limit, so he went out and bought us some fake IDs and insisted they'll work.

His nose scrunches up, "Hell no." I let out a sigh and brought the dress back into the closet, where I found something else buried underneath everything. A black, silk minidress folded up nicely into my skirt drawer.

"Oh yes", Eli brings his hands to his mouth and looks at the dress in complete awe. A grin spreads across my face as I rip off my cotton shorts and pull the silky fabric on my skin. The spaghetti straps twist in unison in the back, letting my whole flesh be revealed. The lace on the bust area gives it a sexy glow and shows just enough cleavage. "You're stunning", he squeals and jumps up and down. I bunch up my hair and tightly pull it up into a high ponytail, where it hits just at my neck.

After applying the smallest amount of makeup on, I spin in my chair and watch as Eli takes photos in the mirror. "What are you doing", I laugh and see him do a full 360 like he's in some model runway.

"Got to take one for the gram, D." I shake my head with a smile and wrap red stilettos around my ankle. "Now get one with me."

I follow over to his presence and stick my tongue out just as the picture snaps.

~

"ID?" The bald man stares down at us and slowly drags his eyes over me. Eli and I pull our cards out and hand them over. "You're free to go", he dismisses us with a wave and gives us back the cards.

The strobe lights flicker across my face, illuminating colors across my skin and dress. People sit at the tables drinking, while others swayed to the music under the spotlight.

"Let's get a drink", Eli says from behind me and grabs my arm. We move along to the bar and take a seat in the stools.

I feel the alcohol run through my veins and give me a hardcore buzz until all the bodies on the dance floor slow down and become blurry. The loud music flows through my ears and takes my senses far beyond.

"I'm gonna dance", I mumble over to Eli. He isn't even paying attention while he eats some guy's face off.

I saw my hips to the music and felt the alcohol ripple through me and take me far away from being sober. The air is hot and sticky as my hands go up in the air. My breathing is heavy with each move I make and the warmth of a new body pressing against mine.

I turn around and watch as a brunette grinds into my butt and places his hands on my waist. I turn around and let the music carry my movement as the guy places wet, sloppy kisses on my neck.

"Let's take this somewhere else hmm?" He whispers in my ear and I can smell the whiskey falling from his lips. He grabs my hand and leads me down the back of the club, where a row of doors are aligned on the walls.

As we move swiftly through the crowd my face scrunches and I feel a burning gaze on me. I turn my head and watch as grey hues are sitting on a leather couch, practically melting my dress off me.

I'm just seeing things.

The door opens up to an office with paperwork scattered all over the metal table. A small couch is placed along the left wall, where he pushes me onto and gets on top of me.