fifteen

throughout the whole time he lived there, no one brought him to the basement even just to take a glimpse of it. neither was it ever brought up in a conversation. he didn't know if he was glad the basement didn't meet his expectations or not, but seeing the place, he guessed it was a good thing. 

despite it being dark and unused for quite some time, it was fairly clean. well, that was from what shotaro knew since he didn't hear about anyone being brought here during his stay except him. there were no traces of blood or corpses which he was thankful for since he'd be reminded of his parents. the place probably is always cleaned up after dirty businesses because taeyong is quite the clean freak. 

"get in there," the underboss pushed him roughly into the cell. the male landed on his butt with a frown on his face. this wasn't how he planned things to go. he was going to admit soon, but things just got to be ruined. 

question is, what was shotaro hiding all this time? 

he watched as jaehyun locked the cell with a key that he later kept in his pocket, "what happened, shotaro? we showed you nothing but kindness but you betrayed us just like this?" his expression never changed— it was the cold one the world always saw. "and to think we thought you were such a pure guy. how disappointing. disgusting even."

"wait, please! i can explain everything from the very start," shotaro pleaded, his hand reaching out to touch the older's through the bars, "you'll understand once i tell you, please."

the older sighed, swatting the japanese's hand, "do that later when the others are around." without another glance, jaehyun left him there alone. 

shotaro looked around the dimly lit place, resting against the wall and softly hitting his head on it repeatedly with teary eyes. i didn't want to lie in the first place, but hansol is watching me almost all the time appearing in the most unexpected moments or those times i want to admit it. 

"so what... you're crying now?" he heard a voice, "how fake." 

he stood up to meet the voice only to make the sadness in him boil into anger, "hansol." for the first time an innocent soul like shotaro got really angry, wanting to throw hands on the male. "what did you do? everything was going smoothly. your practically exposing yourself too."

but the older sarcastically laughed, "exactly why i'm escaping. consider this the last time you'll see me in this house."

"wait, what?" shotaro tried to touch the male, "you got me into this mess that shouldn't even be happening."

"guess our other boss will be hearing some bad news from me," hansol fixed his jacket, "and will be touching our little sakuya, hm?"

"what benefit will this even bring you, hansol? your harming others for what?" the japanese's clutch on the bars tightening, knuckles turning white. 

"look shotaro," the older's face immediately softened, realizing what he has done to him. "as much as i wanted to help you, they have my mother too. i can't let her down either. i had to make you feel threatened."

"so, you're putting me in danger together with my sister?" shotaro exclaimed, "that's unfair! we both have someone on their kill list, but we could've worked things out!"

"look i'm sorry," hansol took a few steps and stopped in front of the cell, "i really am. punch me or something, i deserve it."

"no," despite being enraged by what the other has done, he still doesn't have the heart to do it to him. he was like him anyways. they both had done something wrong in order to save the person they love. "just prove me innocent to them."