CHAPTER 67

"Don't!"

Eve stopped Angelica by holding her hand when she reached out to open the door.

"What!?" Angelica snapped. Unconsciously her voice came out in a harsh tone.

"Please don't go outside madam" 

Pleaded Heather with tears welling up in her eyes.

*clang* *clang*

Noises of swords clashing were heard from the other side of the door.

Angelica had a complicated look on her face on seeing the maids trembling before her. It was obvious that they had never been in such a situation before. 

Her head went blank for a moment from seeing their crying faces. She wanted to help the knights, but she couldn't bring herself to leave those two alone.

*bang*

The door rattled.

A loud noise was heard sending the duo to cry out. 

Eve immediately closed Heather's mouth with one hand and her own with the other. They were afraid that the tiniest noise could leave them as targets to be attacked, although the target was standing right in front of them.

Angelica was looking at them helplessly not knowing what to do to console them. She could guess that someone was thrown towards the carriage at maximum speed. 

This meant there were mages among the assailants outside attacking the knights with combat magic.

Suddenly the carriage started to move without any warnings. It was shaking violently as if it was moving in a rough pathway.

"Stop the carriage!" 

Angelica yelled at the coachman through the communication port. But there was no response.

'Damn it!'

"Keep your heads down" Angelica said, pressing Eve and Heather's heads towards their thighs. There was no seatbelt in the carriage to keep them steady.

"Use your hands to protect your heads"

Although the carriage was luxurious with cushioned walls, it doesn't guarantee that it would be safe in such a dire situation.

The carriage was traveling in an upward motion. There weren't any other sounds aside from the horse and the carriage rattling.

Angelica balanced herself by placing her hands on either side of the walls and one leg up the opposite seat. She surmised from the direction of travel that they were being taken to the mountain cliff.

Mount Zion was located at the border of Volos, the capital of Orion. The mountain acted as a barrier against the strong currents from the Oric ocean shielding the northern part of the capital.

There was a port attached to the eastern part of the capital, where major trades were made with the Naisa continent.

She remembered overhearing the maids talking about the sharp cliff on the edge of the mountain where lovers light lanterns to pledge their love for each other.

Angelica concluded that it was their destination point. 

The ocean surface below was riddled with rocks and the wave currents were strong enough to move the ships without the need to use any other means. The weather was unpredictable along this part of the ocean, making it one of the most dangerous seaways to travel that even skilled sailors found hard to navigate.

The carriage came to a stop with a loud thud.

"Surround the carriage" Sir Tate instructed his subordinates.