𝟙𝟛

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1989     𝐋𝐨𝐤𝐢 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐘/𝐍'𝐬 𝐇𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐞
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Sweet, sweet Caelum, don't you wanna sleep? Mommy wants to sleep," Y/N tiredly sighs, "If you go to sleep, I promise you will be my favorite twin."

"Oh, come on now, darling. You know we love them both equally."

"Well, don't tell him that," Y/N jokingly scolded, covering the baby's ears, Loki chuckles, still rocking Malthe.

"No luck with Malthe?"

"Tried reading to him, but for some reason, Charles Darwin's The Descent of Man made him cry even harder. Oh. Care to dance, darling?" Loki starts to dance around Y/N carrying Malthe with him.

"It's almost like we're on a date," Y/N giggles, dancing with her husband around their living room. The four dance around, but the babies don't calm, "Lok?"

"Hmm?"

"Would you mind grabbing their binkies?" She asks, looking down at the child in her arms, rocking him, "Oh. 'Course not. Binkies all round, I think," He walks to the twin's cribs and grabs the binkies, giving one to Malthe, then bringing one to Caelum, the babies calm down.

They put each baby in their respective cribs, the two parents standing together, looking down on their sleeping children, smiling. They turn to walk away until the babies spit out their binkies and start crying again, "Now, I know parents aren't supposed to take shortcuts, but I think this situation calls for one, don't you?" Y/N asks rhetorically, both the children keep crying, "So, go to sleep, my babies," she sends a spell towards them with the flick of her wrist, a whooshing noise rings through the room.

The babies continue to cry and Y/N just sighs in response to them, wanting to collapse on the ground, curl up and go to sleep.

"And go to sleep," she says, sending another whoosh of magic at them, but nothing happens, she sighs again, the babies giggle at their mother's struggle, "Well, I don't think it's very funny. Why won't you do what I want?"

"What's that, dear?" The babies resume their crying and and Loki puts the binkies in his ears, Y/N chuckles at his silly antics, "That is not where those go!"

"Noise cancellation is not their primary function?" Y/N shakes her head while smiling, Loki looks down at the children that up at his wife, "What if we give them swords? That sufficed my needs as a youngling."

"You are not giving my beloved babies swords," Y/N says with a look of disapproval, she sighs. The crying stops and she quiets her breathing, "Look, I think it's..."

The babies let out a shrieking cry, and Loki and Y/N gasp loudly, Y/N groans.

"Lok?"

"Hm?"

"What are we doing wrong?"

Loki looks at his sad wife, and comforts her, "Oh, don't worry, dear," he kisses the temple of her head, "We'll figure it out. Perhaps we all need more time to get to know one another."

"Maybe. Or maybe we just need some help."

As if on cue, the doorbell rings, Agnes walks into the house, holding two blue baby blankets. "Hiya, kids!"

"Oh, Agnes!" Y/N yells in relief, "Oh, I was just on my way to Jazzercise when I heard your new little bundles of joy were on a sleep strike, I brought two little blue blankets for two little tired boys," she says, giggling and holding up the blankets.

"Oh? Who told you that?" Loki asks, wondering how she knew about the twin's trouble sleeping, "Uh, my ears," Agnes chuckles, handing the blankets to Y/N.