𝟙𝟝

The team and Hayward ran outside to the breach, people were panicking and the Hex was sparkling and making crackling noises. Bucky, Monica, and Nat pushed through the crowd to get a better look at what they were dealing with.

The Hex started to split and someone walked out, "Is this yours?", Y/N asked, throwing the missile at the feet of the team and Hayward, angrily.

"The missile was just a precaution. You can hardly blame us, Y/N," Hayward tried to calm her, "Oh, I think I can. This will be your only warning. Stay out of my home. You don't bother me. I won't bother you," she threatened, Nat wanted to say something but she couldn't get any words out, she just stared at her broken, tired looking friend, she wanted to cry for Y/N.

"I wish it could be that simple. You've taken an entire town hostage."

"Well, I'm not the one with the guns, Director," she said, staring down the team, "But you are the one in control," Nat finally spoke, "You can stop this, Y/N," Nat pleaded, Y/N looked at her friend, her expression not changing, Nat cowered under the disgusted and angry glare of Y/N.

"I can stop it, but I won't."

"Please, Y/N, you have to stop this," Monica begged. 

"You're still here," Y/N scoffed and rolled her eyes.

"Y/N, I didn't know the drones were armed. But you know that, don't you? A town full of civilians. And you, a telepath, brought a S.W.O.R.D. Agent into your home. You trusted me to help deliver your babies. On some level, Y/N, you know I am an ally. I wanna help you," Monica tried to reason with the woman.

"How? What could you possibly have to offer me?"

"What do you want?"

"I have what I want and no one will ever take it from me again," Y/N scoffed at the silly question. Y/N spun her wands and with a wave of red energy, the agents with the guns pointed at Y/N turned their guns to the director and the heroes.

Half the team pulled out their own guns at the sudden movement of the agents and the other half stood protectively around the teens with them.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa! Stand down!" Hayward yelled looking around at the guards, Y/N turned around and walked back into the Hex, flipping off everyone behind her.

"Y/N!" Monica called, but Y/N didn't stop.

"Stand down!" Hayward yelled again, as Y/N re-entered the Hex, the guards dropped to their knees, breaking from the mind control. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1989 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐇𝐞𝐱
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Sparky! Come on, boy!"

"Sparky! Sparky!"

"Here, boy! Sparky!" The L/N-Lokison twins yelled out, looking for their dog who ran out when their mother left the house. Y/N walked with them, looking around in bushes and behind cars.

"Hey, what's the trouble, little dudes?" A neighbor asked, "We can't find our dog," Malthe responded.

"Ah, don't worry. He's sure to turn up. Your mom won't let him get far," the neighbor said, smiling slightly, "Ma'am," they nodded at Y/N politely. Y/N gave them a weird look, but nodded back, they left the family and went into their house.

Y/N turned back to her boys, "I don't know where he could've gone."

"Here, boy! Sparky! Sparky!"

"Sparky!"

There was a rustling sound in the nearby bushes of the house around, "Sparky!" Caelum called, but only Agnes emerged from the bushes, holding a grey blanket, covering some sort of lump.