˗ˋ 22

CHAPTER TWENTY TWO

-: seventh year :-

── IN WHICH THEY ENCOUNTER MUNDUNGUS

. . .

That evening Rosie entered the kitchen to find it covered in Gryffindor colours, a banner hanging across the ceiling congratulating Hermione and Ron on getting prefect and Rosie getting quidditch captain.

"I thought we'd have a little party, not a sit-down dinner," she told Rosie, Harry, Ron, Hermione, Fred, George, and Ginny as they entered the room. "Your father and Bill are on their way, Ron, I've sent them both owls and they're thrilled." She added,beaming. "Rosie - your dad is on his way as well, he seemed very proud."

Sirius, Lupin, Tonks, and Kingsley Shacklebolt were already there and Mad-Eye Moody stumped in shortly after Rosie had managed to get herself and the twins butterbeer. Her father followed in soon afterwards, and pushing the butterbeer goblets into Fred and George's hands before rushing over, being swept up into a hug by the bear-like man. 

"Your mum's going to be so proud." Luke Kersey grinned, holding his daughter several inches above the ground and ruffling her hair before placing her down.

Besides them, Mad-Eye Moody was talking about the supposed boggart in the Drawing room, and how Molly was going to get rid of it later. Slipping away from that conversation, Rosie rejoined the twins and took her butterbeer back, standing by Sirius and Lupin as they all waited for Bill and Arthur to arrive.

"This the mermaid mother then?" Sirius questioned, a grin appearing on his features as he looked up at Rosie. "Because I have so many questions on-"

"Not now, Sirius." Remus shook his head, meeting his best friend's eyes.

It wasn't long until Bill and Arthur did arrive, and Mrs Weasley was in such a good mood that she didn't even complain when Mundungus Fletcher trudged into the kitchen behind Mr Weasley and her eldest son. 

"Well, I think a toast is in order." Mr Weasley announced, once the new arrivals and everyone else had a drink in their hands. He raised his goblet. "To Ron and Hermione, the new Gryffindor prefects, and of course, to Rosie, the new Gryffindor quidditch captain!"

Smiles graced the faces of the three in question as everyone applauded and raised their glasses for them.

"I was never a prefect myself," Tonks said brightly from behind Harry as everybody moved toward the table to help themselves to food. Her hair was tomato-red and waist length today; she looked like Ginny's older sister. "My Head of House said I lacked certain necessary qualities."

"Like what?" Ginny asked, who was choosing a baked potato. 

"Like the ability to behave myself." Tonks continued.  Ginny laughed; Hermione looked as though she did not know whether to smile or not and compromised by taking an extra large gulp of butterbeer and choking on it. "I was, however, captain like Rosie. Played beater." The auror continued, nodding towards the seventh year.

"What about you, Sirius?" Ginny asked, thumping Hermione on the back. "Any badge of any sorts?"

Sirius, who was right beside Harry, let out his usual barklike laugh. "No one would have made me a prefect, I spent too much time in detention with James. Lupin was the good boy, he got the badge. And like Tonks and Rosie, James got the captain badge."