eleven

~*~*~

~*~*~

"reggie, reginald, reg, regulus!"

~*~*~

regulus sat in the library, writing in the margins of his books, pointing out different things he thought about the words each character spoke, the description of what the characters done. he liked doing this.

"mr black! i haven't yet congratulated you on your win!" said professor slughorn making regulus' head snap up in fright but he smiled politely at his head of house, "well, i'll see you at the dinner party tonight."

"yes, sir, i'll see you there," said regulus with a nod and a smile.

regulus closed his book and gathered his quills and put them into his bag, despite it being a saturday, regulus had his school bag with him as he didn't want to carry all that stuff around with him. he rubbed his eyes tiredly, considering he was up a lot of last night thinking about what he and summer had done. he wasn't sure about it, he didn't want things to move too fast but it seemed like that option was out of the window. they had sex, which is possibly the most important moment in a relationship.

he couldn't say he had a terrible time, he didn't. what better way to lose your virginity that with someone you trust? she was his best friend, his only real friend, perhaps they could be together and it seemed his parents approved, as did her's. he didn't have to worry about that anymore. would it be better to knuckle under, and accept this and work at it and live his life like this, or go find james potter now and tell him that he had a crush on him even though he found him very annoying. regulus knew what one he much preferred, which would be to avoid any unnecessary discomfort and embarrassment by telling someone who had a girlfriend and someone who his parents would hate that he thought they were handsome, kind and humorous, albeit regulus always ensured to keep a deadpan face when james attempted to humour him.

regulus and summer could work, james shouldn't even be a thought. it was ridiculous, stupid and humiliating to even think that. he was regulus' replacement in the eyes of sirius, so why should he think anything other than hatred for him?

"reggie, reginald, reg, regulus!" yelled a voice from behind regulus to which he turned and scowled at james.

"regulus will do the job," said regulus after the plethora of names james had just called him.

"where are you off to?" asked james, "can i come with?"

"do you not remember me telling you to leave me alone?" asked regulus, avoiding looking right into james' eyes because he liked them very much and didn't want to think about it too much, it didn't help that summer had the same coloured eyes and so he could see james in her sometimes when he looked into her eyes.