Ten.

Being with Remus was better than I always thought it would be. He was such a gentleman. He was respectful, and courteous, and just all around a great boyfriend. He was for sure the kind of guy my mum would love. In honesty not sure how well she would take it that I followed her footsteps and got with a werewolf. She wouldn't want me to struggle like she and my dad had to, but if Remus ends up being the real deal, then so be it.

My birthday was in late April, and it was a Hogsmeade weekend. Remus bought me everything that I said I liked, even though I told him he didn't have to. He was very sweet. It was a great birthday, and I was excited to think that in one more year I will be able to do magic outside of school.

At the end of April, Severus Snape tried to follow us to find out where we went during the full moon. Sirius told him that if he wanted to know so badly that he should follow Lupin, and he did. Sirius claimed that he didn't think Severus would actually do it, but we all knew that was a lie. He knew Severus was too curious not to listen.

It was nearly too late by the time we found out what Sirius had done. James actually saved Severus from getting mauled by a fully transformed Moony. James said he got there just in time. We were all so angry and upset with Sirius. I laid into him the worst, reminding him how Remus reacted when he hurt me on Christmas, and how torn up he would be if he actually killed someone. Even if it was Snape, Remus would not be able to live with himself if he killed someone. We spent the first two weeks of May not speaking to Sirius, but then we all forgave him when he came to us apologizing and promising to never do anything like that again.

May was spent preparing for the O.W.L Exams. Since they are very important and will determine what kind of jobs we will have in the future. The first two weeks of June were spent taking these exams. They turned the Great Hall into an exam room. The four house tables were replaced by more than a hundred smaller tables that all faced the same direction.

I finished our Defense Against the Dark Arts Exam pretty quickly, since my boyfriend is the best at this subject he helped me out a lot. I laughed at the question that asked us how we could identify a werewolf. I put down all the signs we were taught, plus a little extra that I knew from my dad and Remus. I definitely got that question right.

Sirius sat with his chair on two legs, leaning back. His hands behind his head. There was a doe eyed Hufflepuff girl sitting behind him that was looking at the back of his head as if he was the most beautiful thing she had ever seen. James was four seats ahead of Sirius. Professor Flitwick collected our exams and then we were let go.

"Did you like Question 10, Moony?" Asked Sirius as we emerged into the Entrance Hall.

"Loved it," Remus replied briskly, "Give 5 Signs That Identify the Werewolf. Excellent question."

"Do you think you managed to get all the signs?" Asked James in tones of mock concern.

"I think I did," said Remus seriously as we joined the crowd thronging around the front doors to head out to the lake to enjoy the sunlight. "1. He's sitting in my chair. 2. He's wearing my clothes. 3. His name is Remus Lupin."

"I said my ruggedly handsome boyfriend," I tell him, even though he knows that's not what I really put.

"Rugged is a good way to describe my appearance," he says nodding.

"Oh shut it," I tell him, my tone a bit hard. He knows I hate it when he puts himself down. "As far as I'm concerned you're the most handsome man in the world."

Remus gave my hand a squeeze while he looked down at me and smiled. James and Sirius started laughing. Peter was the only one who didn't laugh. "I got the snout shape, the pupils of the eyes, and the tufted tail. But I couldn't think what else."

"How thick are you, Wormtail?" Said James impatiently. "You run around with a werewolf once a month."

"Keep your voice down," implored Remus and we both started looking around to see if anyone was showing signs of hearing what was just said.

"Well I thought that paper was a piece of cake," said Sirius, "I'll be surprised if I don't get Outstanding on it at least."

"Me too," said James, who then put his hand into his pocket and pulled out a Golden Snitch.

"Where'd you get that?" I ask, my tone accusatory because I knew he had stolen it.

"Nicked it," replied James casually, and he started playing with the snitch. Showing off his excellent reflexes until we reached our favorite beach tree by the edge of the lake and threw ourselves onto the ground.

James ruffled up his hair to make it extra messy for a group of giggling girls as Remus pulled out a book and started reading. He had an arm around my waist, keeping me close to him. Sirius already was complaining he was bored, "I wish it was the full moon."

"You might," said Remus darkly from behind his book. "We've still got Transfiguration. If you're bored you can test me. Here." He held out his book, Sirius snorted.

"I don't need to look at the rubbish, I know it all."

"This will liven you up, Padfoot," James mused quietly, "Look who it is."
Our heads turned, to see what James was talking about. Sirius was now looking over at Severus Snape.

"Excellent" said Sirius softly. "Snivellus."

Sirius and James started in that direction. Peter stayed where he was. Remus kept reading, ignoring his friends. I turned to watch, so I could jump in if it got taken too far.

"Alright Snivellus?" James said loudly.

Severus reacted so fast, like he was expected to be attacked. James disarmed him before his wand was even in the air. Sirius laughed as James shouted "Impedimenta!"

I was on my feet now watching as James continued, "How'd the exam go, Snivellus?" Sirius then made a comment about Snape's nose touching the parchment and how there will be grease marks all over the paper that they won't be able to read his answers. Several people laughed.

Severus started threatening him, he just said, "You wait." Over and over. James didn't take him seriously.

"Wait for what, Snivellus? You going to wipe your nose on us?"

He started swearing at James, and James said, "Wash out your mouth! Scourgify!" Pink bubbles started coming out of Severus's mouth. The froth was gagging him, making him choke. I looked at Remus.

"Remus, darling, they're choking him. You're a Prefect. Do something!"

"You really think they're going to listen to me if I tell them to stop, Bunny?" He asks, not looking up from his book. I rolled my eyes at him, even though he wasn't looking. I needed to find Lily. If James was going to listen to anyone, it was her. But it turned out I didn't need to, because she had seen what was happening and came charging over to James.

"Leave him alone!" She demanded.

James ruffed up his hair again, "Alright, Evans."

She was looking at James with every sign of great dislike, "Leave him alone. What's he done to you?"

"Well," said James, dragging out the word, "It's more the fact that he exists, if you know what I mean." many of the people watching laughed, including Sirius and Peter, but Remus didn't because he was still deep into his book.

"You think you're funny?" She asked, coldly, "But you're just an arrogant bullying toe rag, Potter. Leave him alone."

"I will if you go out with me, Evans," James replied quickly. "Go on, go out with me. I'll never lay a wand on old Snivellus again."

The Impediment Jinx was wearing off now, and Snape was heading for his fallen wand. Lily still had her cell, green eyes on James. "I wouldn't go out with you if it were a choice between you and the giant squid."

"Bad luck, Prongs," said Sirius, who patted James's shoulder. In a quick rush of light, a gash appeared on James's face. It was Snape. He had gotten to his wand. Another flash of light from James this time and Snape was hanging in the hair upside-down. His robes fell over his head to reveal skinny legs and a pair of graying underpants. People in the small crowd cheered. Sirius, James, and Peter roared with laughter.

Lily looked like she was about to smile for a second and said, "Let him down."

"Certainly," said James and he flicked his wand upward and Snape fell into a crumpled heap on the ground. He had his wand up when he got to his feet.

"Locomotor Mortis!" Shouted Sirius, and Snape keeled over again at once.

Lily shouted this time, "Leave him alone!"

She had her own wand out now. James and Sirius eyed it wearily. "Ah Evans don't make me hex you." Said James earnestly.

"Take the curse off him then!"

James turned to Snape and muttered the counter curse. "There you go. You're lucky Evans was here, Snivellus."

"I don't need help from filthy little Mudbloods like her!" Shouted Severus. I gasped, sharply.

James now looked so angry I feared for Snape's life. Even Remus took his eyes off his book for a moment. Lily just blinked, and cooly she said, "Alright fine, I won't bother in the future. And I'd wash your pants if I were you, Snivellus."

"Apologize to Evans!" James roared at Snape, his wand pointed threatenly at him.

"I don't want you to make him apologize!" Lily shouted, rounding on James. "You're as bad as he is!"

"What?" Said James, looking astonished. "I'd never call you a You-know-what."

"Messing up your hair because you think it looks cool to look like you've just gotten off your broom. Showing off with that stupid Snitch. Walking down corridors and hexing anyone who annoys you just because you can. I'm surprised that your broomstick can get off the ground with that fat head on it. You make me sick."

She turned on her heel and started walking aways and I started running after her. I could hear James calling her name, but he didn't follow us.

________________________
Here's part 10!

So, a few things. Even though it's important, I didn't want to make a big deal about The Prank that Sirius pulled on Severus.

Also, even though this is a switching POV Story it will be mainly Ellie that tells the story. Just thought I'd let you know that.

-Emily Winchester.