Voyage with Kass

Morning had arrived.

Link was finishing up with preparing Epona for the trip, he suddenly heard Kass from somewhere behind call: "Ready to go?!"

Link turned around. He saw Kass standing on the small mountain behind the stable. He suddenly jumped off, flapping his wings as he took off into the air.

"So that's how he gets around."

He then got onto Epona's back and followed, as the two headed out.

They travelled north, crossing the Bridge of Hylia once again before going around the Great Plateau, heading northwest and following the road in that direction through a large canyon. They paused for a moment there to take a break.

"Phew... That was quite the rush... We Rito need to get to higher ground in order to be able to fly, as we aren't able to take off on our own from the ground. Usually we'd need an updraft to do it, but I have to contend with climbing up to high places for now... It takes a lot of flapping just keeping ourselves up in the air." Kass explained.

"So where are we headed?" Link asked.

"Well, we'll have to make a few stops for the songs I have." the Rito said, "We'll first stop at Satori Mountain, then Jedo Bridge before making our way to Thundra Plateau. We'll then continue northwest till we arrive in Tabantha." Kass said.

"Very well."

After staying on the side of the road for a bit, they continued on their way.

A few hours later

The three arrived at Satori Mountain as the sun was beginning to set.

"The ancient song of this mountain states:

'Where the mountain lord resides,
A single shrine rests beside'" Kass sang while playing his accordion. "From the looks of it, another shrine should be up there."

"What is this mountain lord'?" Link asked.

"Tis the lord of the mountain I suppose. He is the guardian of all wildlife in Hyrule. Legend says he dwells up atop the peak of the mountain. I've heard that-"

"Understood." Link interrupted, before immediately heading to the mountain on foot, leaving the Rito musician and Epona behind.

"Well he's certainly in a hurry." Kass remarked.

He turned to Epona.

"Would you like to hear some horse songs? I know a couple of them."

He began playing on his accordion, Epona lending an ear to the sound of the notes being played.

Meanwhile

Link headed up the mountain. The terrain was easy to traverse, as the slopes leading up weren't very steep, and he was able to walk up without much trouble. Using his Sheikah Sensor, he was easily able to locate the shrine atop the mountain inside a small canyon like structure.

After completing a puzzle involving using magnesis to move metal objects and give them momentum, Link exited the shrine with a newly acquired spirit orb. As he exited, he found the air around him enveloped in a strange, bright, white fog.

Confused, Link began to wander through it, trying to figure out what was going on. As he exited the small canyon, he came to a pond in the middle of the mountain. Near it was a large tree blossoming pink flowers. Sitting in the pond were a number of strange, light blue, rabbit-like animals. And among them stood a larger version of them. It had the body of a horse, yet it had some kind of antlers, like a deer, long ears and a white mane. Its face was anything but natural, as it seemed to have two of them, a pair of eyes on each of them.