35•|A HUG.|

•••

“Falling in love isn't a crime, but falling for the wrong person can 

make one commit 

a crime.”

ⓣⓞⓛⓐ ⓐⓘⓢⓗ. 

•••

Dedication:- ihotu2 and to my dearest Opurum_ (happy birthday dear 💚)

(Warning:- The mature scenes approaches soon. Thanks for understanding.)

And just in case y'all haven't noticed; Chase isn't a nice person, at all. He isn't friendly. He isn't the best person out there. He tends to think with his heart and not his brain. When I painted a picture of Chase in my mind I didn't want him to be perfect at all, and now he is far from being perfect. He also isn't the best choice for Lily (I just dropped a major spoiler, that's if anyone is still reading this book.) At the end y'all might come to despise him or maybe sympathize with him.

••••

~LILY~

If I could pluck out my heart, I would do that. Gladly.

Since Chase entered the class at nine in the morning I couldn't stop staring at him. During assembly, I kept glancing towards where he stood. During class, my eyes were glued to his seat and what made it all weird to me was how my heart and stomach kept reacting. It felt as though worms were creeping around in my stomach, and it didn't stop grumbling like I hadn't eaten -— which I had done. And regarding my heart, it wouldn't stop beating faster than usual. Especially when Chase was next to me.

In all honesty, I was scared with the way my heart and stomach were acting and flipping up. It made me think about stuff which I prayed desperately that wouldn't be true. Stuffs like; I, having a heart disease, or having ulcer, appendix, cervical cancer and all sorts of other stuff.

It was the last period already and Mrs Belle — the account teacher and my favorite teacher was in class teaching, yet, I wasn't paying attention to all she was teaching. In-between her class, my gaze kept on drifting to Chase's seat, watching him as he carried out all his actions, like write down on his note, blink, yawn, scratch his hair, and I even noticed how he kept on drawing in oxygen. I felt really weird watching him like that.

And it all began after the incident in the hallway. When Chase stood up for me, and defended me against my classmate. That act of his made me think about him while I slept that night. Even when I eventually slept, I dreamt about him and the detail of the dream was. . .it was really weird because I couldn't exactly interpret my dream.

Chase was writing as I continuously stared at him, suddenly, he stopped writing and dropped his pen in his notebook. He ran his hand across his face then turned his head to my side, meeting my gaze.

My heart stopped beating. The worms in my stomach were creeping really fast, passing some sort of electricity through me. All In all, I found myself in a discomforting state because I found it difficult to break the gaze which we both shared.

I also found it difficult to breathe and his impassive face made it worse. 

"Stop staring at me." That was what he told me before he took his apathetic and colorless gaze back to his book.

My eyes still didn't leave him. Those four words he'd said to me, for some reasons, they did hurt me. I didn't know what I was expecting him to say to me, but it was definitely not that. And that fact that he had a poker face as he said those words was what made me feel hurt the most.