Ch.3 Misaki stairs

~Y/n pov~

I was sat in the bathroom with Amane.

We were playing a card game with the Mokke when the door suddenly slammed open, and in ram Nene.

"Aoi is missing." She yelled.

"Missing? Why not call the police?" Amane asked.

"Well...it's weird."

"Weird how?" I asked.

"All of her belongings are gone and no one remembers her, not even her own mother." Nene exclaimed.

"Could it be the Misaki stairs?" I asked, "That rumour has been going round recently, right?"

Amane nodded, "Thats probably it."

Nene gasped, "We have to save her."

She grabbed my hands and pulled me up.

Just as she was about to drag me out of the room, the door opener again and in walked Kou.

"Hanako!" He ran up to Amane and grabbed him by his collar, shaking him back and fourth, "What'd you do with Yokoo and Satou from my class!? I know you did it! Why doesn't anyone remember them!?"

"Kou, calm down. It was probably the Misaki stairs." I told him.

"Huh?" He dropped Amane but luckily I managed to catch him before he hit his head on the floor.

Amane steadied himself and then went back into a standing position, resting his arm on my shoulder.

"There are seven places that connect to the spirit world in this school. The staircase is one of them. They're called boundaries." Amane explained.

"Boundaries? My brother told me about those." Kou told us, "Boundaries are the seas between the shores of this life and the next. The world of ghosts and apparitions with nowhere to go and things everyone's forgotten."

"Can people come back from there?" Nene asked nervously, her voice almost a whisper.

Amane chuckled, "It'll be fine. I'll save them."

He suddenly jumped onto my back, "Now go my trusty steed!"

I chuckled and walked forward. Nene quickly followed.

She then stopped walking, it was as if something had occurred to her.

"Hey, Y/n?"

I turned around and noticed she'd stopped, "What?"

"How come you can touch Hanako?"

At this, my mind went blank. Even I don't know the answer.

After a few moments of silence I responded, "I'm not sure."

"Hey! Wait for me." Kou came running down the hallway.

~*~

There was blood dripping down the staircase.

"What's this?" Nene asked.

"Let's go, then." Amane cut through the silence, "Step on the fourth stair, right? Here goes."

He steps up, pulling me along and counting his steps.

Then we land on the fourth step.

Everything went black and when I opened my eyes we were in a traditional looking place.

There were red buildings and bridges. We were stood in front of what looked to be an entrance.

"Is this the boundary?" I asked.