Lucy Ann Johnson

Lucy Ann Johnson was born 14th October, 1935. Lucy is an Alaska native who, prior to her disappearance, was living in Surrey, British Columbia with her husband Marvin and their 2 children, Linda and Daniel. She was seen by a neighbour in the 10300 block of 145A Street Surrey, in September 1961. Lucy was finally reported missing by her husband Marvin on 14th May, 1965, who admitted she had actually gone missing years earlier. The police believed that foul play was involved in her disappearance, and her husband was suspected of her murder. Marvin was interrogated, neighbours were questioned, and the family's yard was excavated, but no evidence was found. The trail went cold and charges against him were never laid. Marvin later remarried and died in the 1990s of natural causes. In the years following Lucy's disappearance, investigators continued to do DNA tests on unidentified remains, but never found any matches.

In June 2013, almost 52 years after Lucy went missing, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police in Surrey highlighted her disappearance as a cold case in their "Missing of the Month" series. Following that, Lucy's daughter, Linda Evans, decided to do an investigation of her own, and was able to find old documents indicating that Lucy had lived in the community of Carcross, Yukon, before moving to British Columbia and settling down. In July, Linda placed a plea for help in the Yukon News, stating "I am looking for my relatives. My grandparents' names are Margaret and Andrew Carvell. My mother's name is Lucy Ann Carvell. She was born Oct. 14, 1935 in Skagway." She received a reply from a woman named Rhonda from Whitehorse, Yukon, who claimed that Lucy was her mother. Lucy, who was then 77 year old, was discovered alive and well in Yukon; she had remarried and had 4 more children. Lucy said she had disappeared because her late husband Marvin was abusive, and that she tried to take her children with her, but he would not allow it. 

A few months after Lucy's discovery, Linda flew to Whitehorse to reunite with her mother and to meet Rhonda and her 3 other half siblings.