16

George's POV

George sat up quickly, his heart racing from a vivid dream of the day prior. He looked around quickly and relaxed. Dream was still unconscious on the ground and the horse was sleeping in the back of the cave.

George sighed tiredly. He peaked out of the cave, it was midmorning. George started eating an apple as he studied Dream.

Dream's face was pale and traced faintly with sweat. George frowned, he could tell there wasn't a fever, at least not yet.

George tossed the half eaten apple to the horse and started chewing more of the Dittany plant. He reapplied it to Dream's wounds and changed the bandages. The wound was an angry red, but it wasn't bleeding, which was a really good sign.

George ran a hand through his dirty hair and leaned back against the cave wall. He wondered if Dream's team was worried.

George rubbed his eyes and leaned his head back.

Dream groaned and George's head snapped up. He rushed to Dream's side. Dream blinked rapidly and shifted. He winced and his eyes focused on George.

"You're okay," George whispered with a smile.

Dream nodded and looked around. He looked down at his shoulder and winced.

He smirked at George and joked, "Y'know, if you wanted to see me shirtless you could've just asked."

George scowled, but he grinned. Dream was clearly okay if he could still flirt with George.

"You're such an idiot," George murmured affectionately.

Dream gave him a cocky grin and he sat up slowly. His grin faltered at the blood on George's shirt. "Are you hurt?"

George looked down. "It's not my blood."

Dream sighed in relief and George glared at him. "Worry about yourself."

Dream chuckled. "I have you to do that for me."

George scoffed. "Are you hungry?"

"Famished," he replied and flashed George a suggestive smile.

George rolled his eyes. He walked to grab the food and tossed an apple to Dream. Dream caught it effortlessly and took a large bite.

George gave him some water and sat back down against the cave wall. He chewed on his lip as he thought about the previous day's events.

"My guard... he was the one who shot you," George said guiltily.

"How do you know?"

"I heard him talking with his friend. They were right outside."

Dream looked at George curiously. "You didn't go with them. Why?"

George furrowed his eyebrows. "You were hurt. I couldn't leave you."

"Is that the only reason?"

George looked away and sighed. He bit his lip and met Dream's steady gaze. "I want to learn more about your team and why you want to overthrow my father."

"What made you change your mind?"

You.

George cleared his throat. "Uhhh, I'm just interested in your perspective. I want to know why you think my father is a tyrant."

Dream thought about this for a moment. "I'm glad you stayed." His honest expression made George feel confident in his decision to stay.

Dream continued, "Thank you... for saving me." He looked to his wrapped shoulder. "I'm assuming you learned how to do this from your books?"