Goodbye || Chapter Thirteen

'Somewhere deep inside you must know I miss you'•The winner takes it all - Meryl Streep•

•The winner takes it all - Meryl Streep•

"It's funny how nothings changed." You let out a small but genuine chuckle at the scene unraveled, trying to break through the thick tension that coated the air. He didn't seem to reply though nor listen if that. "You remembered, clearly." You carried on, but still nothing. You kept holding your breath, tapping your foot slightly on the tiles below. Not really knowing what to say or do other than wait for an answer. But he didn't.

"What is your problem? You come up here, clearly on purpose or you would have left by now, and then when i try to make conversation you ignore me! What is wrong?!" You start to loose your cool, raising your voice towards the end making his head snap towards you. An angry gaze sweeping over his once calm features instantly.

"You have no idea what i was going to say. If i was going to say anything for that matter! Just because I came up here doesn't mean I wanted to fucking talk to you Alex!" He argued back, slamming his hands down onto the hard surface below him. Once again loosing full control over himself making you flinch in response to his harsh doings. Even after what he had said the first day you got back, you still weren't used to him being so different, so aggressive and straight forward.

"Well when are you going to talk to me! When are you going to tell me what i've done? When are you going to explain to me what's happened!?" You shout, each question hitting him with as much force as the next. But he didn't respond to one of them. He seemed stuck for answers. "Or is it, now that you've changed you think it's okay to not only forget about your memories but forget about me completely too?" You shake your head, waiting.

"That's not- that's not what I was aiming for Alex." He spoke small. He didn't want this. This isn't what he meant by talk.

"Well what where you aiming for then because out of all this time, all these fucking years we've spent together I would have expected you to be there for me when i came back. I know you expected yourself too! Not demitri, not Miguel. You Eli" You saw his face, how it twitched at every word you hit him with but as soon as you said the word Miguel his manner changed. He let out a scoff, not hidden or quiet for that fact. He wanted you to know and see.

"Well maybe you should consider telling Miguel about your problems then." He scolded back, not really knowing what words where flying from his mouth until he heard them himself. Knowing fully well the outcome would be bad.

Your mouth ran dry and your palms caught a slight sweat at the mention of Miguels name. You would have liked to think better of Eli when angry but now learning, his words sometimes where more brutal than his fists. "Miguel's in the hospital Eli! Are you kidding me right now. You told me. You brought me there. Do you really think that's Miguel's number one priority if he wakes up? Listening to me talk about my life problems because you where too self absorbed not to!" You shout back, doing anything you could to defend not only you but your dying friend.