5 - Questions

I wasn't sure what was going on. First, the kid stopped resetting, then I was left with Papyrus, then we ran out of food, then I was in the middle of dying, when two skeletons that looked somewhat like me take me to their house, and I wasn't dying anymore. My life couldn't get any weirder at this point. I had discovered that the two skeletons were named Nightmare and Killer; I guess names like mine were common around here. At the moment, we were eating some food; they had offered me some, and I couldn't exactly refuse. Papyrus was telling me how he knew it would be all right, but told me not to talk to him yet, as the other two couldn't see him. I guess that made sense; he was a ghost, after all. I had also noticed that my eyelights were colored again.

"So, why exactly were ya on the floor?" Killer asked.

"Killer, that's rude. At least try to be nice." Nightmare ordered.

"Sorry, Nightmare."

"Oh, I don't mind, really. Let's just say I had a few...problems." I replied, not wanting to worry anybody.

"You were in pretty bad shape. Did you get in a fight?" Nightmare wondered.

"No, I haven't fought anyone in a long time.."

"You're a Sans, aren'tcha? Why wasn't there a Papyrus in your AU? Usually when a Sans is hurt, the Papyrus is close by." Killer stated.

"Oh, Papyrus is with me!" I smiled. "He's just a ghost!"

"A ghost? What happened to him?"

"He died."

"Oh. So you can see his ghost?"

"Yup."

"Nightmare, does the possibility occur to you that this Sans is insane?"

"Killer, as far as I'm concerned, you're more insane. Apologize." Nightmare demanded.

"Sorry. Whatever."

"So, do you know what AU you're from?" Nightmare questioned.

"No? I wasn't aware they had names. I knew there were other universes, but I had no means of contact with them." I answered honestly.

"Ah, I see. I've never seen a Sans like you. Perhaps you're an original."

"I'm afraid I don't know what that means either."

"Well, in the multiverse, there are universes, and those universes can be copied. If I'm correct, you're from a universe that is not a copy of another in the common sense."

"Oh. So how did you find me, anyway?"

"Nightmare can sense negative feelings and stuff, and he said you were bein' really negative, so we went out to look for ya." Killer responded.

"That explains a lot."

"So what's your name? Or are ya just Sans?"

My name. My given name, or my original name. Neither felt like they belonged to me. Sans, my true name; he died a long time ago. Murder, my given name; every time I heard it, I was reminded of that kid. The name belonged to them; I just adopted it. It reminded me of my slingshot. All of the knives in the underground were theirs, but the slingshot was mine. I wanted a name that was mine. I wanted something that defined me, but what? For the past decade or so, I'd been alone, surrounded in...

"Dust. Call me Dust." I stated.

"Ya mean like, what we turn into when we die?" Killer wondered.

"Yeah."

"You're literally named Killer, Killer." Nightmare reminded.

"Noted..so, ya got any hobbies, Dust?" Killer asked.