FIFTY FOUR

I had never noticed it before.

Maybe it was because every single one of my senses were on high alert, but the room had a slight scent of mildew creeping through the air. I wondered if it had been like that every time I was here but I was too caught up in other things to notice.

I don't know why it's catching my attention now.

Sitting on the edge of the couch with Toga, Dabi slouched against the wall in his normal spot, all of our eyes followed Shigaraki as he paced back and forth.

Today was the day.

With how stressed he seemed about the exchange with Monoma, it seemed he hadn't caught on to our plan. But every single person in this room was holding their breath.

Rambling out loud Shigaraki spoke, "...and if for some reason he pulls some shit and says this isn't enough?" he laughed, "I'll wrap my hand around his neck and turn him to dust in an instant. I'm tired of waiting."

"I'm sure that won't be a problem, he wants this money." Kurogiri insisted while standing behind the bar.

I could feel myself zoning in and out as they spoke to each other. The only thing catching my attention was the mildew smell.

"And what if it's a set up?" Shigaraki blurted, stopping his pacing.

My eyes widened but I didn't move a muscle. It was almost like I could hear everyone's heartbeats in the room.

My mouth moved before my brain could process my words, "Why would he set you up? You guys have been planning this for so long. Plus it would just get him arrested too."

Shigaraki stared at me intensely for a moment.

I kept eye contact praying he couldn't tell I was lying.

Finally he went back to pacing, "Well he isn't touching me no one else gets to have this quirk or ..."

I internally exhaled and I could feel Dabi and Toga looking at me. I somehow did it.

That was too close.

"Alright Tomura, it's time for you to go." Kurogiri stated, "The briefcase with the cash is already in the trunk."

Shigaraki stopped pacing and looked at all of us with a big smile, "This is it guys. We finally will become the most powerful group of villains. All thanks to me."

I gave you the money but okay.

Toga began bouncing up and down on the sofa, "I can't wait to try these pills out! You all better watch out I'll probably use them on you." She giggled.

Perfect acting.

Shigaraki frowned as he headed out the door, "You know the rules you stupid blonde. No one gets my quirk except me. So don't get any ideas." He paused and aggressively pressed his fist into Dabi's shoulder, "You either, pet."

I could see Dabi's hands redden as he got angry but he kept a straight face and continued looking forward.

With one last wave Shigaraki grinned his terrifying wicked smile and stepped out of the room, "See you guys shortly."

Kurogiri followed after him outside.

The door shut and we all sat in dead silence. Not even our breaths could be heard. We all listened and waited for the car to drive off.

Once he left we only had so much time to escape before Shigaraki would get caught and expose all of us. He would take each and every one of us down with him.