Chapter 5 | "just a little blood"

Panting slightly, Miyeon ran. She ran between their outstretched arms, narrowly avoiding her attackers with swift movements. She was faster than them, but they outnumbered her 1 to 5. Stuck in the large room, she didn't have anywhere to run and soon she was trapped.

Finally surrounded, Miyeon took a moment to pause, surveying her options as she saw the glint in the eyes of her attackers, knowing it was only a matter of time before they all leaped on her. They knew she was stuck, it was clear from the smirks on their faces. They thought they had the upper hand. Letting out a deep sigh, she raised her arms, ready for their attack.

All at once, they lunged at her, their muscular arms swinging for her small body. They were well trained and skilled, but Miyeon was quicker. She heard their grunts of pain as she struck out, kicking at their backs and expertly striking each of them before darting out of the way before they fell.

She let out a satisfied huff, seeing the men in a tangled, groaning pile in the middle of the floor.

"Jeno said you'd be here." She turned to see Renjun walking towards her. "That was some show just now, very impressive."

"Thank you, your highness." She said, bowing as she caught her breath. "Is everything okay?"

"yeah, I just have the day off and just wanted to see what you were up to." He said with a smile, stretching out his arms as she unwrapped her knuckles.

This time she wasn't in her full, elaborate gear. She was in a simply pair of black leggings and an athletic top. Her mask still on her face despite how hot it was.

"Oh, alright. I'm just trying to get in some training while I can. You have a very busy schedule for a while." She said, going to help the trainers off the floor.

"Instructor Kim, how is she?" Renjun asked, seeing his own trainer among the five men that she knocked to the ground.

Instantly all five of the men fell into deep bows, the one at the front standing up straighter to address him.

"She's quite a force, like nothing we've ever seen before. I assure you, your highness, you're in very good hands." With a final bow, Instructor Kim left the room with the other men.

"So," Renjun started, taking off his jacket so he was in a simple pair of black pants and a workout shirt. "What are you working on next? Can you teach me how to catch a knife?"

"I don't know if that's the best idea."

"What do you mean?" He asked, straightening up and tilting his head.

"I don't think the King would be particularly happy if he knew I spent time throwing knives at you." She said with a giggle.

"Alright, fair point." Renjun chuckled out, nodding his head. "What if I throw knives at you?"

"Do you know how to throw a knife?"

"Does it matter? Even if I suck, you can catch it right?" He replied with a playful smirk.

"I suppose that's true, but I don't want you to hurt yourself...." she trailed off.

"Oh come on, it'll be fine. I've thrown a knife before even if I'm not that good." He said, walking over to the rack on the wall and securing a knife-lined harness to himself.