-Chapter 29-

A/N: This chapter took a very long time, so I'm sorry for the wait. But I needed it to be just right, part of this chapter was inspired by the song happier.
Also special thank you to I_Exist_Hello for recommending the song. :>

Enjoy this heartbreaking chapter!

Third Person POV:

As mentioned in the past chapter, in these times of sadness the prince might have gone to the garden. But he knew that the place would only make him sadder than before. So he went to the next best option, the castle's library. Also the second largest library in the kingdom. It was a quiet place for Techno and it was as well filled with dozens of shelves that were crowded with books in neat rows, all neatly placed and dusted.

Technoblade paced through the halls and entered the large room, pushing on the large dark oak doors, that were engraved with beautiful designs and details made of fine gold. Looking around he could see nobody was occupying the room. So he walked pass shelves of books, not interested in reading at the moment. Instead heading towards a lone desk, that was beneath a tall window, the natural light shone on the desk. Knowing it was there, Techno opened the desk's drawer picking up a half empty ink bottle and quill. He placed them on the desk before walking towards a certain isle. Where he found, hidden in between romance novels, a small wooden chest.

A sigh escaped the pink-haired male, and he swore tears were starting to form once again. He trudged back to the desk and sat down in the desk's chair. The chest was nothing spectacular, but what happened to be in it, was really important to Technoblade. The lid was opened with no difficulty. And in the wooden box was dozens of love letters, all written by Technoblade, and all addressed to Dream. Buried beneath the plentiful of sealed envelopes rested a piece of loose parchment and a empty envelope. Had Techno really used up all the parchment and envelopes. Letting out a small, shaky sigh he place the box beside his chair and pushed the parchment in front of himself.

Now all seemed ready to write his final letter...

He was seated, the parchment, envelope, quill, and uncapped ink bottle ahead of him, ready to be used and written with. Techno grabbed the quill and dipped it in the ink, hand shaking slightly. He dropped the tip of the quill on the piece of paper and started writing.

«————————————————————»

 ̶D̶e̶a̶r̶ ̶B̶e̶l̶o̶v̶e̶d̶,̶̶
O̶r̶ ̶s̶h̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶I̶ ̶s̶a̶y̶ ̶D̶r̶e̶a̶m̶,̶ ̶s̶i̶n̶c̶e̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶m̶i̶n̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶y̶m̶o̶r̶e̶.̶

Dear Dream,

I hope you are doing well.  ̶I̶ ̶h̶o̶p̶e̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶'̶r̶e̶ ̶h̶a̶p̶p̶y̶ ̶t̶o̶o̶,̶ ̶s̶i̶n̶c̶e̶ ̶I̶ ̶h̶a̶p̶p̶e̶n̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶g̶i̶v̶e̶n̶ ̶a̶w̶a̶y̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶h̶a̶p̶p̶i̶n̶e̶s̶s̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶s̶.̶  I guess it's about time I tell you the truth, tell you...How I feel. You see all those years ago, when we first met, you were known as the boy who brought me joy, hope, and emotions. That isn't true.

You are my joy.
You are my hope
You w̶e̶r̶e̶  are my life.

 ̶A̶n̶d̶ ̶n̶o̶w̶ ̶I̶ ̶g̶u̶e̶s̶s̶,̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶'̶l̶l̶ ̶b̶e̶c̶o̶m̶e̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶e̶l̶s̶e̶'̶s̶.̶  My life used to be blank and gray before, and then I met you and everything was brighter, more colorful.  ̶I̶ ̶n̶e̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶k̶n̶e̶w̶ ̶g̶r̶e̶e̶n̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶s̶u̶c̶h̶ ̶a̶ ̶l̶o̶v̶e̶l̶y̶ ̶c̶o̶l̶o̶r̶,̶ ̶e̶s̶p̶e̶c̶i̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶e̶m̶e̶r̶a̶l̶d̶ ̶g̶r̶e̶e̶n̶.̶ ̶T̶h̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶l̶o̶r̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶e̶y̶e̶s̶.̶  In only a day you had managed to break through my façade that had taken years to create. And then, just like that my world is centered around you. You're always on my mind, and I can't seem to live without you.