Chapter 17

Isabella's POV

When I have panic attacks my mind takes me back. They take me back to a time that I would like to forget.

My past was a gruesome one, but even after I managed to escape it, it found away to follow me. I used to be at the complete mercy of my past, and in a way I still am.

I haven't had a panic attack in a while, they get triggered when I'm alone in unfamiliar places. The fact that I had one yesterday was mentally exhausted to say the least.

Before, I was on my own and my coping methods were less than therapeutic. I would eat my pain away and that caused an eating disorder, but then I met Jade and all that changed.

I found a sense of comfort in having someone familiar around. Soon, after I met her we both opened up to each other and we became each others coping mechanisms.

Although, I was out of and in my head. I could still comprehend what was going on around me. I remember hearing Nadia scream at Nikolai. I'll have to remember to remind her not to blame him. It wasn't what he did that triggered my trauma, it was the unfamiliarity of my surroundings.

It didn't happen when I woke up from the drugs and I don't know why, but I do know that it did happen. From my knowledge, Jade wasn't anywhere near me after our capture,  but given that she's here with me now I know she was close by all along.

I should've demanded that I see her. I should've insisted on knowing of her safety, her well-being. I didn't and I feel awful about it. Whenever I need her she's always rushing to my side so that I have someone to lean on, but when I was supposed to be worried about her I was only thinking of myself.

"Hey, whats going on in there B?" Jade asks.
She's worried about me I can tell. The look on her face gives it all away. She thinks I'll slip back into my old habits. "You can tell me anything. You know that." And I do.

"I don't deserve you. You've always been the best support system to me. And what have I done for you? I don't even know where you've been or if you're okay and I- I'm terrible."

"I thought you knew better than that B. I'm more than okay. Really. I'll you everything that's been going on with me, but first are you okay? I need to know."

There she is worried about me yet again. "I'm fine. I promise. Now that I know that you're okay I certainly feel a lot better."

She staring me down to see if I'm telling the truth or not and I am. I give her the look back that says I'm fine. I know for a fact that I don't look it but her posture sags and I know she believes me. If I was lying, she'd know.

"Are you?" I ask her. "Okay, I mean. Are you okay?" I know she says she's okay, but I need to know everything.

"Well, I've been with our other kidnapper whose named is Domenico and can I just say he's a pain in the ass..." Jade goes on telling me about her experience so far.

From what I've gathered so far they've been budding heads nonstop because she refuses to listen to anything the guy says. I'm not surprised. She doesn't take no for an answer and no is the only answer she gives, and because of that Domenico is in for a rough ride.

We catch up with each other and we tell each other every detail. EVERY detail. She's an open minded person, so I'm not worried about her judging me. It's Nikolai she's going to judge. I don't know where he is and I'm kind of glad. I don't want to have to face him after he seen my major freak out. He probably thinks I'm crazy.

There's a knock on the door and my breath hitches. What if its him? I'm not ready to face him just yet. The door opens and I feel my stomach does a 360 degree flip. A head peaks through the door and its just Nadia.

"Hey." She says and hesitantly walks through the door, closing it behind her. "Nicky and Domenico left me here while they take care of some business." She says explaining her being here

If looks could kill Nadia would be laid out flat, because Jade is giving her a straight death stare. "You listen here and you listen good. Part of the reason she had a panic attack is because of you. We've already had out lives uprooted and the adjustment has been far from easy, but she was handling everything just fine until you came along a decided to ruin that. What happened isn't entirely your fault its hers too for listening to your dumb plan, but you've definitely deserved your share of the blame."

Nadia looks guilty and I know she didn't mean for what happened to go down, but Jade definitely doesn't see it that way.

"I understand why you're so angry with me, but I also wanted to apologize to Isabella. Look, I'm sorry about the other night. I really am, usually I can handle my brother in these types of situations and thats why I told you that I wouldn't let anything happen to you, but when he found out that it was you I was with he lost it." She explains. This is not the Nadia I met, but I like this side of her. The side thats not on kill mode.

"Its fine..." I begin not wanting her to have to go through the apology process. I don't deserve one anyway.

She interrupts when I try to stop her. "Its not fine Isabella. I shouldn't have taken from the house and I definitely shouldn't have taken you there. Your friends right, I am to blame for most of what happened. I'm sorry for my part in all of this. I hope you'll forgive me."

"Its okay. You couldn't have known. It's nobody's fault." I say assuring her even though I never held anything against her in the beginning.

Jade's glare has lessened and I can tell she's satisfied with Nadia's apology. I internally laugh. She's literally my live guardian angel. "You're forgiven." She says even though I've already forgiven her. "For now."

"Nadia, this is Jade my best friend. Jade, this is Nadia, Nikolai's sister." It may take a little time, but I think they'll get along just fine.

~~~~~
Okay thats it folks!! Sorry it took so long to get this chapter posted! Work is a real struggle and writing became that way too after I started to feel obligated to do it. I started this book for fun, but when I started to feel pressured suddenly it wasn't fun anymore. I don't know, but thank you for your support and stay tuned.

Can't forget the question of the day:

Whats your favorite pizza toppings?

Mine is just plain pepperoni and cheese, but I'll still eat it if loaded with bacon and sausage but plain pepperoni is my go to.