Giggles

I spent the next few minutes just casually talking with Wilbur. He was easy to talk to I found out and really enjoyed. He would always have something to say no matter the topic and words would just fly out of his mouth.

I made sure to comment a lot and smile so he knew I was listening and didn't mind his 'rambling'. He says he's rambling but he's just having a nice conversation with a new friend in a boring class, I actually appreciate him still keeping it going.

I never really have someone to talk to in this class because none of my friends are here.

We ended up taking all of class time of just talking, with multiple warnings from the teacher. At first I didnt care much for it but now that class is over and we're done talking, the teacher might move our seats. Oops.

I laugh and roll my eyes at the teacher, we'll still find a way to talk to each other in class. And teachers will never understand that.

"I got Chemistry next, what about you?"
"Uhh.. one sec," he replies as he pulls out his schedule from his books, "cooking class? They have that here?"
"They have everything in this school. Anyway, I'm off to lunch with a friend, you want to join?"
"No thanks, but thank you for the offer."

I nod and we go our separate ways. He turns down another hall that leads to another story of the building. Well now I vaguely know where his next class is.

I subconsciously watched him leave, noticing the little pep in his step that made me smile. I made yet another new friend. It was a different story than Ranboo's, but still a good story. I finally take a step back and turn my body to face forward and head to class.

"(Y/n)!"

Ranboo runs up to me from his previous few feet away. I wasn't used to him calling me by my name, I didn't even know I was going to tell him when I did.

~flashback~

"So I was talking with the teacher, right?"
"Mhm?"
"And she was complaining about my homework that I turned in 'late' when it wasn't even five minutes past the due date. She's like '(Y/n), in college they won't accept late work. You have to turn it on time or don't even bother.'"

I laughed as I terribly mocked her voice as she scolded me. I stopped when I realize the only expression Ranboo had was shock and he stared right ahead after putting his sandwich down. I usually tell him stories at lunch because who doesn't like snacks with story time?

I say his name, expecting some sort of response or explaination as to why he froze suddenly.

"You just.. you said your.. (Y/n)?"

Oh shit. I guess I did.

"Yeah, my name is (Y/n). Sorry, I almost forgot I never told you. I thought you knew already from like the teacher taking attendance or something."
"I only listen for my name then get distracted."

I giggle, he's not lying. I've noticed almost every time he would just stare blankly ahead until his name popped in his head and he would just say 'here' then go back in his mind. I guess we finally know each other's names.

~end of flashback~

"Ranboo, hi!"
"How are you?"

His voice sounds ecstatic and his positive energy is skyrocketing. His whole aura is just filled with hype and eagerness. I notice it quickly before he could even tell me why, he just has that look on his face whenever he's about to tell me something cool.

"Someone's chipper today, what happened? Spill."
"I knew you would notice. But unfortunately for you.. nothing! I just woke up on the right side of the bed, I guess."

He chuckles finding what he just said amusing, I give him a skeptical look. I see no hints of deceit so I believe in and smile with him. It's always good to see him in a good mood.

"Well, I guess I'll share my good news then. I made a new friend today! It was the kid that bumped into me earlier. Turns out, he's in my English class."

He hums as he listens, letting me speak about this new boy I, properly, just met. The first time we 'met' was a rushed apology in the hallway so I don't really count it. Wilbur seems nice, I wonder if he would get along with Ranboo.

"He has this British accent and it comes out on some of his words- and he always has something to say."
"I do, too!"
"You literally just said 'mhm' as a response."

He pauses as he thinks of a come back and realizes that he did indeed say that. When he finds nothing he just mumbles under his breath and starts mocking me, making me laugh.

"I'm kidding, you know I love you."

I look up to him, since he's so tall, and I see just the most brightest smile on his face. It's adorable.

"I'm so lucky." He says sarcastically, but still keeps a slight smile.
"I can take it back whenever-"
"No- no I earned that, you can't take it back."
"Says the one who won't say it back. Heart been broke too many times.."

Laughter just erupts from inside him and he covers his mouth as an attempt to muffle it. It wasn't even that funny? I end up joining him, finding him more funny than the joke. Eventually it calms down and only soft occasional giggles spew out.

"I love you too, (Y/n)."