Chapter 28 You're the best around

I yawned as I stepped out of my Uber and trotted over to the rest of the students. Today was the all valley tournament, the day I had been training for. I was supposed to drive with Miguel and Carmen but after the incident the night before I figured it wasn't a good idea. "Good morning Alibear." Eli cooed while wrapping his arms around me in a comforting manner. I hugged him back tightly and dug my head into his chest. "You're going to do great." He promised as he tipped my head up to look him in the eyes. I nodded slowly while pecking him on the lips. I quickly turned around when I heard rustling in the grass and saw an upset miguel looking down and frowning. Eli tensed at the sight of him and held onto me tighter. He stood away from us alone and began practicing, he took out all of his anger on the air as he punched it with full force.

"Eli?" I questioned as I looked up at him. "Yes princess." He replied with a smile. "M-Miguel pushing me, it was an accident, can't we just forgive him." I pouted, Miguel was like a brother to me and I hated seeing him upset. "If you want to forgive him I will to, I just don't want you to get hurt." He cooed in reply. I nodded happily while walking over to Miguel's side.

"Hi Miggy." I practically squeaked as I looked up at the boy. Eli stood inches away with his hands balled up in fists. "H-hi Ali." He sorrowfully replied. His eyes never left the parking lot as he awaited the arrival of my father. I stood there in silence hoping that he would apologize and once he came up with the words he did, "Ali, I'm really sorry about last night, I drank to much and it got out of control. Can you please forgive me?" He pleaded now meeting my eyes. "Of course Miggy!" I cheered happy he finally spoke up. He put his arms out and I pulled him in for a cheesy hug. Eli tensed as his arms wrapped around my back and pulled my head into his chest.

Eli's pov
Miguel's arms wrapped around her back and pulled her into a tight hug. They were in the same position Ali and I had been just minutes before, his hands squeezed only inches above her ass. I bit the inside of my cheek and stayed as calm as possible knowing that if I let the anger inside of me get out miguels face would get rearranged. I felt an unknown feeling rush through my veins as my breathing hitched.
'Beat the shit out of him!' an unknown voice tempted
'claim what's yours'
'shes yours not his'
'fuck up his face!'
"A-Ali why don't we go train over by the picnic benches." I laughed breathlessly. She turned around and nodded suspiciously as I pulled her away from the boy.

Back to Ali's pov
Eli pulled me away from miguel with a red face and tensed hands with prominent veins. His teeth bit down hard on the side of his mouth as he breathed quickly. "Eli what's wrong." I laughed out while continuing to trail behind him. "N-nothing, I just want to train with my favorite person!" He replied unconvincingly. He got into a fighting stance and began fake punching at me staring into my eyes and my eyes only. "Eli.... Tell me what's wrong." I demanded wide eyed. "N-nothing!" He replied as he looked away unable to keep eye contact. "Whatever." I groaned as I focused on another conversation happening behind me. "Where's sensei?" Aisha questioned the students standing around her, they all just shrugged their shoulders so I turned around to face them. "I'm sure he'll be here." I reassured calmly. "I don't know about that..." Bert replied unsure. "What are you talking about?" I questioned facing the small boy. "I saw him at the mini mart last night while I was getting a... carton of milk. But I saw him in the parking lot. He was insanely drunk and pissing all over his car." He explained lacking confidence. "Well why didn't you tell us this earlier!" Aisha pressured while slapping the boy on the arm. "First of all OW!" he squealed as he gripped his arm, "And secondly I was so used to seeing him drunk it didn't seem like a big deal." He shrugged. "Well it's officially a big deal! Because he's not here and we are!" Aisha continued to pressure while rolling her eyes. "Ya what if something happened to him." Eli pushed finally butting into the conversation. "Like what?" I questioned while raising my eyebrows. "Maybe he drove off a cliff, or bought a gun and shot his brains out." He quickly replied while throwing his arms in the air. My lips parted slightly as I stared up at the boy shocked, I had faith in my dad, but obviously he didn't. "Shit Ali, that wasn't supposed to come out that way." Eli squeaked with regret as he held onto my arm so I wouldn't walk away. I rolled my eyes and looked away, he was in a mood this morning, and I didn't like it.