Ello Mate

This was the second town that I had stopped in since I started my life on the run. I was tired, hungry and extremely irritable and I knew the last one was because of my wolf. She was pissed at me for not waiting around for David to come and pick me up. It didn’t matter how many times I told her that he had rejected us or forced her to see that he had mated someone else she wouldn’t give it up. I guess that’s how a mate bond worked. Even with a rejection it could never be completely severed unless one of us died or we both completely mated to other people. Which David would never let happen if I stayed under this possessive and idiotic thumb. I sighed as I jumped out of my beat up truck slamming the door behind me. 

It was a good thing I had been putting away money for the year the past year just in case I needed it. I strutted towards the small diner the idea of sinking my teeth into some delicious food spurring me forward. I pushed the door open and walked in a tiny bell attached to the door sounding off my arrival. A girl behind the counter looks up and gives me a friendly smile, “Just take a seat wherever you like and I’ll be right with you.” I give her a small smile before walking over and taking a seat in an empty booth. 

The diner was practically empty minus the old man at the counter reading the paper and enjoying his coffee and then a single mom trying to keep her two kids from jumping around like crazy monkeys. I let my head fall back against the seat and closed my eyes letting myself relax for the first time in like seventy-two hours. 

“What can I get for you?” The sugary voice danced over me. I opened my eyes slowly and turned my head towards her. She had bright blue eyes and long cornflower colored hair pulled back into a bun. She reminded me a lot of a small town girl on one of those lifetime movies, “Could I just get a cup of earl grey tea to start?” I ask with a faint smile as I let my eyes look to her name tag, “Beatrice—“ 

Her eyes bloomed with happiness, “Coming right up.” She walked away with a bounce in her step. I frowned after her thinking she was way to happy to working this place. I noticed a couple of nice sleek black cars pull up into the parking lot and I immediately got an anxious feeling in the pit of my stomach. Those cars were way to fancy to be a normal sight around here. I watched as a couple of bulky guys got out of the first car and I could tell immediately by the way they carried themselves that they were werewolves. 

I looked away quickly from the window not wanting to stare and draw attention to myself. Thats definitely not what I needed right now. I didn’t know a lot about the packs outside of my own and I could tell by this large group that there must be one very close by or who knew maybe I was already on there lands. That could go bad for me because I remember werewolves that weren’t part of our pack had to often get permission to enter or pass through our territory. I definitely did not have permission to be here. 

I lowered myself in my seat a bit when I heard the bell on the door chime. My wolf was stirring around in me anxiously. The lovely Beatrice greeted them as she had me and told them to find there own seats. I knew immediately they were going to go for the large corner booth which just so happened to be a booth behind mine. I immediately cursed myself for picking this seat. Okay Scarlett you know how to mask your scent for short periods of times it will be fine. I drew my wolf within myself, it wasn’t an easy thing to do and it took most of my concentration. 

I leaned my head back and closed my eyes trying to look relaxed as I had earlier. I sensed them as they passed by and it was hard to keep my wolf locked down. For some reason she really wanted me to open my eyes and look at them but I couldn’t allow that because then they might notice me. I relaxed further when I felt them all behind me my eyes popping open. I needed to get out of here like right now.