chapter 6, sapnap

Tw: blood

Its been a few hours since karl fell sleep, me and dream have been planning a safe way to get out of the city. Its been difficult to find a route on a map thats not updated to the current times.

"So we could go by the underground tunnels again" dream says while he circles the passage we could go through to get there. "I don't know, I think there's more creatures down there then up here." I argued.

"Maybe we could find a car and use the fuel we have to start it" I say looking up at dream. "Yeah that could work" he nodded his head in agreement. "I remember over here always being a busy street, so there's bound to be plenty of cars. It could be difficult to get a car out though."

I look at were he pointed. If we did get a car from there its a pretty clear way out of the city. "Yeah we should try it, even if we don't get a car there's bound to be more supplies." I say as I rolled up the map.

"So we have a plan now. Let's grab some food from here and start heading out." Dream says walking over to shelves and shoving food into a bag. I decided to check up on the rest if them.

Quackity was up talking to George about something, I didn't really here what it was. "Oh sure like you didn't get enough beauty sleep your highness." Quackity mocked, "just shut up at least I have beauty to sleep for unlike you" George responded back with a harsh tone.

Quackity just laughed, "hey, start packing up were going to start heading out soon." I said interrupting there fighting. George just scoffed at me and quackity then got up heading in dreams direction.

"What did you do?" I questioned trying not Laugh. "I just woke him up to ask him something then he got all mad, saying  he needed his sleep or some shit" quackity said annoyed. "thats just George, he'll probably be over it later no need to be worried about it." I said as I walked over to karl.

He was still sleeping, he looked comfortable. I smiled at the sight. I lightly shook him to wake him up. "Karl were going to leave soon, so I recommend waking up for a bit." I said softly.

He opened his eyes and nodded, he sat up but made a face like he was in pain from his leg. I grabbed some medicine to help, he quickly took the pills and some water. "You ok?" I asked. "Yeah, my leg is just giving me hell" he laughed in pain.

I sighed, I was worried about him. I grabbed him some food and told him to eat. After awhile it was time to leave. We were all packed, I picked up karl and we headed off.

We were about half way there, if dream was reading the map right that is, but soon enough we made it there.

"There's a lot of cars here, how do we know one will actually work?" Quackity asked as he started looking in car windows. "Well we could get any of these to work, but we don't have the right tools. We need to find a car that doesn't have any wholes in the tires and one the doesn't have glass everywhere inside" dream answered putting his map away to look around.

I walked over to a car that look pretty safe and put karl down, he looked like he was in pain. "Hey, are you doing ok" I asked as I grabbed some stuff from my bag. "I'll be fine once the pain killers kick in" he breathed.

I pulled his pant leg up gently, it still hurt him slightly which made me feel bad. I removed his old bandage and put a new one on. His face looked like it was holding back tears. After I did everything, I gently pulled him into a hug.

He tensed up at first then he hugged me back. "I know it hurts, but its gonna be okay" I say as I continued to hug him. I felt him nod on my shoulder.

I stopped Hugging him. I decided to check the cars around us, I didn't want to go to far just incase karl needed help. I checked most the cars by us most of them had blood or glass everywhere some of them where flipped over.

I started going back over to karl, then I heard a car alarm start blaring. "Shit" I said as I started to look were the alarm came from. It was from George, he must have set it off by accident.

Then I saw 1 of those things start coming Georges way. I looked over to George who looked terrified, the closest person to him was quackity.

Quackity ran over to him, he seemed to notice George wasn't moving so he grabbed his hand and they hid under  a car. I looked around and saw dream hiding behind a car. I realized I wasn't hiding and Karl was alone.

I turned to karl, he looked like he was about to have a panic attack. Then I saw why, there was another creature. The creature didn't seem to notice him yet but karl looked like he was about to freak out.

I ran over to him quickly, I pulled him into the car and shut the door. I went in-between the back seats and front seats. I pulled karl close to me being careful of his leg. I put my hand over his mouth So he didn't accidentally make noise.

He was freaking out, he was crying and looking around everywhere. I pulled his head down to my chest and held him tight. "Shhhhhh, I know but if you keep freaking out your gonna get us killed." I whispered Trying to calm him down.

He quickly started to breathe in and out calming down. I held him close still. I started hearing things outside the car. Then the car started to shake  from the creature pushing on it. I felt karls heart speed up. I just started to rub his back to calm him down. Which he didn't but he was calmer then before.

Glass shattered on top of us, I quickly covered karls eyes and closed mine. When I opened them I saw the creature trying to get through the window. Karl started to cry. "its going to be fine I wont let you die" I said trying to grab the gun in my bag that was on top of the seat.

I almost grabbed it then the creature tore the door off. I was terrified, I couldn't let karl die not after I said he'd be ok. I felt him tremble in my arms. What do I do.