Chapter Eight

Bruce had not said a word -and neither did the other older superheroes- in the last 6 minutes and counting, his mouth set in a thin line as he observed the topic of the explanation he'd been given.

"How do you know he's telling the truth?" Clark asked, the first to break the uneasy silence.

Dick blinked, obviously not expecting that. "Uh... Steph and Bart can vouch for him? And he fights like a Robin."

Batman was not impressed with that answer. "Any physical proof?"

Jason groaned, 'Geez B, what's your problem?"

Bruce glowered, "I don't want my children and their friends getting hurt. How do we know this boy isn't a spy? That he hasn't managed to turn evil since Batgirl last saw him, and Kid Flash is from the future. How do we know that... Red Robin... isn't evil now, and changes sides in the future? How do you know? Because I refuse to take any chances." He wouldn't take any. He couldn't. He can't lose them.

The occupants of the room all blinked because...

They were not expecting that. Most of them didn't even know Batman could feel emotions, no less show them! It was a surprise indeed.

"B..." Jason started, looking a little sick to his stomach.

"I have proof." Red Robin spoke up from where he was leaning against the wall, and wow, Bruce felt an odd burst of nostalgia. Because the way the boy moved was so familiar, and yet so unknown. It was weird. And Bruce had to remind himself, Tim. This kid is Tim, and despite what Bruce had said, he felt like he could trust this kid.

He still wasn't taking chances.

"You do?" Diana asked, her voice calm despite many others voicing the same inquiry with a lot more surprise in their tone.

Tim nodded."Yeah, but..." he hesitated, turning to look over at Babs, who was looking quite annoyed with her fiance's father. "I need a screen. Big enough for everyone to see."

Babs grinned. "Alright."

They got everything ready and Tim stood at the front. "I have a bunch of photos and videos that I always have with me. I'll explain what's happening in each one, but I think this will be sufficient enough proof?"

....

Pictures and videos on a USD card -more than one, actually... That was his proof.

And it seemed to be working.

....

The first picture made Steph grin very happily. She was smiling so wide at what she saw that she was afraid her mouth would freeze that way.

The screen was showing a girl dressed in purple, a hood over her hair and a mask over her mouth. Her bright blue eyes shining happily. Her arms were thrown around another girl, dressed in all black. You couldn't see an inch of skin, but the bright yellow brat on her chest shown clearly. She looked scary AF.

"This is Steph and... My sister Cass. Steph is the one in purple, Cass is in the Batgirl costume." Tim said, nodding at the photo.

"Your sister?" Jason asked, "Isn't she who you mentioned earlier?"

Tim nodded. "Yeah. Cassandra Cain. Daughter of David Cain and Lady Shiva. Her father trained her to be a killer, teaching her how to kill, but not how to read or write or speak. She ran away and eventually ended up with us."

"And she's a total badass!" Steph cheered, laughing happily at the sight of her best girl friend.

"And she's a total badass." Tim agreed, a soft smile on his face.