Chapter 18: Breach

3rd POV

3 minutes before...

"No Yang!"(Ruby)

Kenji quickly spun towards Yang and held her hand and flung her onto the bullhead. She was caught by her team. But then they saw Kenji falling down.

"Kenji!"

"Get to the ground!"(Oobleck)

The bullhead was going to land when explosions started to occur.

"Quick pilot! Evasive manoeuvres!"(Oobleck)

The bullhead was going around in swerves trying to avoid flying debris. Team RWBY and Oobleck had difficulty trying to keep balance.

After a few explosions a loud scream was heard from further away.

"Kenji!"(Ruby)

The bullhead immediately rushed over to his shout and determined his location. He was about to land when-

'SCREECH!'

A giant Nevermore appeared. It went for a nosedive towards the bullhead. The bullhead narrowly dodged it.

"We can't stay here! There's too many Grimm around to land!"(Pilot)

"But-"(Ruby)

"Team! We will be back for Kenji, you can count on that. But for now we need to evacuate to Vale and protect the city! Grimms are pouring in left and right, we can help Kenji by directing the Grimm away from him!"(Oobleck)

With that, the girls all hung their heads before slowly nodding, acknowledging Oobleck's logic.

"Pilot! Get us to Vale now! Refuel up and once we're cleared be ready to takeoff again!"(Oobleck)

"Yes sir!"(Pilot)

The bullhead immediately drew its weapons and shot at the giant Nevermore. It screeched at it before charging for it. The bullhead went full throttle and went for Vale.

'We'll be back for you Kenji!'(Ruby)
.
.
.
.
The bullhead entered the city of Vale and it was utter chaos. Buildings destroyed and on fire. Grimm were about to overrun the defences.

Ruby pulled out her scroll and tried to call Jaune. He managed to answer with a drowsy hello.

"Jaune! Jaune can you hear me?! Get to Vale now! Grimm are everywhere and Kenji's stranded somewhere out in the forest!"(Ruby)

On the other end, Ruby was cutting out and Jaune could only hear a few words.

"Jaune!....Hear me?!...Vale.....Grimm....Kenji's Stranded!.....forest!"(Ruby)

He widened his eyes as he woke up his sleeping teammates. They stirred awake as the alarm suddenly rang, signalling a breach had occurred.

We cut back to Ruby who looked at her scroll and saw that it was out of battery. She quickly placed it back into it's holder as they prepared to enter the battle.

"Now children!"(Oobleck)

They all dropped in from above and cut up some unsuspecting Grimm.

Now they were all on a platform surrounded by Beowolves and a King Taijitsu. They backed up a little bit before a Beowolf made the first move. It jumped up at them but Ruby quickly used her scythe to hit it to the side. The rest charged in. Ruby used her scythe as a stand kicked one away then she took it out of the ground and beheaded a few before being pushed back by more of them. Yang charged forward and punched two away before having a Major Ursa swing at her. She quickly jumped away and landed near some cars. She punched the ground in front of the cars and they were launched right into the Grimm. A few cars hit the Ursa but it wasn't affected.