Chapter 1

PAGOD NA nahiga si Auri sa kama at agad na natulog pagkarating ng condo ng kuya niyang si Prius.

She didn't know how long she had been asleep but when she woke up it was already dark outside.

Rolling over to her left and back again to her right, three times, Auri sat afterward. It's her weird way to wake herself up. Tumayo siya at nagtungo ng banyo para maghilamos.

Matapos ay lumabas siya ng silid at hinanap ang kapatid niya. And there he is, her kuya that spoiled her rotten, busy cooking.

"Good evening, kuya," she greeted him as she slowly walk towards him to hug him.

Inakbayan siya nito habang ang isang kamay nito ay busy sa paghalo ng niluluto nitong ulam. "Back at you, sis." Hinalikan siya nito sa gilid ng ulo bago siya binitawan. "Feeling better, Auri?"

"Mm-hmm," she answered and went to sit at the island counter. "How about you kuya, how have you been doing lately?"

Tinignan niya ang kapatid na sa huling beses na nakita niya ito anim na buwan na ang nakakaraan ay malaki ang ipinagbago. Mas lalo itong tumikas at tumangkad sa paningin niya at ang kulay ng balat nito ay medyo nag-tan.

Her brother huffed. "Mare, hectic and just bloody annoying. We're in our last year in the Devine Hope University so everything is tougher. I and Rage has been blimmin' cramming up lately to study all that we need to while doing other important stuff all at the same time."

Binasa ni Auri ang pang-ibabang labi ng marinig ang pangalan ni Rage. Hay... ang gwapo niya sobra sa personal. Walang binatbat ang litrato na ipinakikita sa kanya ng kuya niya.

Kung sabagay baka iyon ang pinakapangit na litrato na meron ang binata sa cellphone ng kapatid niya.

Nangalumbaba siya habang nakatingin sa kapatid niyang busy sa pagluluto saka nagsalita.

"Ang gwapo talaga ng best friend mo kuya."

Just like that, all her brother's attention was on her. Face unhappy and strict.

"Stop admiring my best friend Auri, if you don't want me to send you back to New Zealand," he ordered.

Auri was not bothered at all by her brother's threat. It's empty after all.

"Crush ko lang naman siya. Mawawala din-"

"When?" He glared at her. "You were just fifteen when I showed you his picture and until now you still can't get over him."

"How could I when there's no other male species to look at around me in our house and school?" Auri shook her head. "May I remind you I was in a girl's only boring school." Auri then snickered. "Or do you want me to have a crush on our buff guards at the mansion? Don't forget though that only Shades is single and he's already thirty-eight."

Their parents' house has three guards and they are all tall and buff. They are the triplets; Fifty, Shades, and Grey.

One could crash her bones if they want to. But nope, she's too dear to that three big guys for them to crash her like that. After all, they're the one who's constantly with her when mom and dad is always on the go- too busy to even dine with her for breakfast.

Her brother rolled his eyes and laugh with full sarcasm. "Don't jest now when I am all serious here. Stop with your infatuation with my annoying best friend and focus on your study here. And no, I am not kidding when I said I will send you back to New Zealand if you ever try to get closer than I require you to be with Rage. "

Auri gave her brother a sad face. "Would you rather have me sent home, left alone again, sad, with a bunch of fake friends at school than be here happy with you?"