STAY I : MEI HATSUME

Y/n always thought that she was distant enough. Not that she cared whoever appraoched her.

But who would have thought that someone completely opposite of her would post a great role to her life? Too great it's going to be hard to let go.

Mei was the first one who did so. At the very first day she laid her beautiful eyes at the h/c haired female, she saw and knew that she was pretty. Almost everyone was looking at her the first day they met and she knew right away that she was very special.

And she wasn't wrong.

The pinkette who had always thought that gadgets are more important than anything else suddenly felt the beating for her heart excited for something else than gadgets.

Y/n Stone.

"Hi!" Approaching the prettiest girl in class, the pinkette started, sharing her brightest smile to the stoic lady.

Y/n glanced at Mei then ignored her soon after.

The second day arrived quickly and the best class Mei has ever gone in to was the mechanical engineering subject where she get to build gadgets.

Once again lost in her thoughts as she build and build. It even took a while until she noticed the strikingly pretty h/c hair just right behind her working table.

She watched her move her hand expertly on the wires. Her pretty eyes focused and much to her observation, the girl looked alive than how she was earlier.

"Cool..." her lips let out a whisper not noticing that she had unconsciously press the on button. Her gear started making an engine noise... a noise that doesn't even sound right.

Just like that, her area exploded and was about to damage Y/n's area.

Mei panicked. She at least didn't want to cause trouble to her just on the second day!

Yet everything that was about to piece away from her inventions stopped mid air. Y/n's hand was raised lazily to her side with a green glow and as if time reversed itself, the pieces of her gadget started gathering back as a whole.

"The plug." Y/n told her.

Mei was stunned for a moment before smiling from ear to ear. "Oh my gosh! You're a life saver!" She gave her her most welcoming hug from her back. "Thank you, friend! I'm Mei Hatsume, by the way!" She introduced.

"Y/n Stone." The girl replied as lifeless as always. "Get off me."

"Okay~ I'll see you at lunch~" the pinkette happily made her way back, her smile so wide it masked of the blush on her cheeks. I hugged her! I hugged her! I wanna scream!

There began Mei's secretly crushing on Y/n Stone, masking their closeness as a label of friendship. She knew it'll progress along the way and the time given would be enough to know if this is just a temporary appreciation or a feeling more than meets the eye.

And days passed, weeks and months of interaction with the nonchalant Y/n Stone made all the confirmation Mei needed to know what she truly feels and friendship isn't one of them... it was indeed more than what she expected it to be.

A pleasant yet overwhelming feeling as Y/n remained by her side.

Mei Hatsume, who's excitement and devotion lies solely on gadgets seemed to have divided her own priorities for her alone.

Everytime she was there, the pinkette couldn't help the smile that was so wide her entire existence shone. Y/n would stare at her for doing that... for minutes.

Mei didn't really know what her stare was for but it was a good thing that she could take her attention! But the stare... made her self conscious. Always thinking how she'd look whenever Y/n spaces out to stare at her.