Chapter 41

~ Peter POV ~

I sat in the corner of my room. I really did want to see y/n, now that I thought about it. I was just so angry that I had let my secret out. I had blamed y/n for it, but I knew it wasn't her fault.

It was mine.

Tear tracks stained my face and I wiped them away. A whoosh and blue mist brought me out my thoughts. Pietro stood in my room, glaring down at me with his hands on his hips.

"You are coming to see y/n. Now," he said, his accent thick with anger.

I sighed and threw my head against the wall. I gazed at the roof. Until an angry face interrupted my sight.

"I can't," I said, my voice cracking.

"And why the hell not?" Pietro asked, his gaze murderous.

"Because I blamed her," I said, a tear escaping my eye. "I was... hurt, and scared, and took it out on her. I'm a horrible boyfriend."

Pietro sighed and sat down next to me.

"Do you feel bad?" he asked.

I looked to him incredulously.

"Of course, I feel bad," I said.

Pietro shrugged.

"Mistakes can be made," he said. "You just need to acknowledge them, and face the repercussions. Like apologising to y/n."

I nodded.

"I should talk to her," I said. "Just let me text May. She's at work and would want to kno-"

A loud bang at my door cut me off. Pietro and I glanced towards the sound. There was another bang, followed by four more. Knocks.

"Who do you think that is?" Pietro asked.

"Um... May might have forgotten her keys?" I said, unsure.

I got up and Pietro followed me. I peeped through the peep hole to see a woman standing there, holding a clipboard. I opened the door, Pietro peering over my shoulder.

"Hello?" I said to the woman.

She smiled at me.

"I'm Sara Everhart. Are you Peter Parker?" she said.

"Um... yes?" I replied, still unsure of who she was.

She glanced behind me.

"Is that Pietro Maximoff?" she asked.

Pietro walked forwards and stood next to me.

There was a flash and a click. Sara's smile became poisonous.

"So, Peter. Is it true that you're the Spiderman?

News Article

Peter Parker, Spiderman?

We have more evidence that Peter Parker is Spiderman. This afternoon, the one and only Pietro Maximoff, aka Quicksilver, was at his apartment. What would an Avenger want with Peter Parker if he wasn't one himself?

~ Tony POV ~

"Okay, this is bad," Steve said.

"Yeah, no shit," I replied.

Peter's identity was on the line. He was only a kid, for crying out loud. Y/n was a kid too, but she knew what she was doing. 

I looked to Peter. He was avoiding my eye, and was on the opposite side of the room to y/n. They kept glancing at each other every now and then, but kept missing each other's eye. It was like a sports match, watching and waiting for them to finally make eye contact. I knew that Sam, Bucky, Natasha, Pietro, and Wanda weren't paying attention to the meeting, but to the two youngsters instead.

"Does anyone have any ideas of how to fix this?" Steve asked the group.

"Loki could help," y/n said at once, still looking at the ground. "He could make an illusion of Spiderman around Peter or something."

"Peter still looks guilty, though," Steve said. "Why would Pietro have been at his apartment?"

"Because..."

Y/n mumbled something that I didn't quite get. I could see that Peter heard it because he looked down at the floor shamefully.

"Did they talk before he got here?" I asked Pepper discreetly.

She shook her head.

"Okay. I think the adults should discuss this. Y/n, Peter, why don't you two go and have a chat," I said gently.

Peter and y/n's eyes widened. They finally - finally - made eye contact. They both stood up slightly shakily and left the room.

"Twenty bucks they'll have make-up sex," Clint said once they'd left the room.

Natasha smacked him over the back of the head.

"Not the time, Clint."