43.

SUNA RINTAROU

"Rin."

"Rinrin!"

"Rinnie wake up!"

I groggily fluttered my eyes open upon hearing a voice, also feeling a familiar touch on my cheek as someone's soft skin met mines. I fully opened my eyes to directly find a pair of ocean-blue orbs staring back at me with such admiration. Except that she was blonde. I just got used to see her in black dyed hair that I sometimes forget she was naturally blonde. Nonetheless, she was still the same girl I fell in love with.

She grinned. I smiled back, placing my hand ontop of hers that was on my cheek.

"Goodmorning, sleepyhead."

It was just a dream afterall.

"Did you have any nightmares?" I asked.

She shook her head, her hand moving up to my bedhead to ruffle my tangled strands softly as her melodious chuckled filled my ears. "You seemed like you were the one having nightmares. Are you okay?"

I groaned as I nodded my head before lazily moving myself closer to her body as I wrapped her in my arms. The familiar warmth, the sweet scent, and the comforting presence; it was all strange yet I didn't mind. Who cares if something felt strange? As long as I have her in my arms again then I wouldn't ask for anything else.

"I missed you."

"Rin, but I'm here." She chuckled.

"I know, bub."

A comforting silence soon came after as we wrapped ourselves in each other's warmth. The ticking of the clock was the only audible sound that was heard as our steady breaths matched its calm pace. Everything felt like a dream, but what if it isn't? Still, there was an ickling feeling crawling up my back as I laid pondered deep in my thought.

This is reality, right? I asked myself for the fifth time.

If this was a dream, then I wouldn't be feeling a pain in my heart right now. This is definitely reality; pains don't exist in dreams.

Everything is what you wanted, everything is what you wished for, yet everything is just...

"Hey."

I looked down, meeting Shinyya's eyes full of regret and loneliness. "Yeah?"

"I just want to let you know that it's not your fault." She continued.

"What are you talking about?" I furrowed my eyebrows, confused and lost in my own thoughts.

"You know exactly what I'm talking about, Rinrin..."

...yet everything is just an illusion.

"Wait—"

Before I could finished, she placed a finger on my lips to shut me up as she continued.

"Stop blaming yourself." She sadly smiled. "It was bound to happen anyway, so we can't do anything about it."

"Y-you're s-spouting nonsense, Shin..."

"I wish I could stay longer, Rin, but I have to go."

My eyes widened in fear. Desperately, I tightened my grip on her body only to slowly feel its weight lighten and for her physical appearance starting to fade away. I hurriedly sat up with Shin's body still in my arms, holding tighter as tears started rolling down my cheeks. "W-where are you going?" I stuttered, relieving every last chances I have.