twelve

~*~*~

~*~*~

"still not over the loss then?"

~*~*~

sirius' advice didn't really help, considering he didn't really give him any, it was more so a get out of jail free card if things went really pear shaped. regulus would rather stay at home with his parents than go to james' house.

hogwarts was decorated with all sorts of halloween decorations and it seemed all people could talk about was who they were going as. sirius had approached regulus in the library and asked him which one would be better for him: dracula or a pirate. regulus told him he already looked like dracula and said a pirate would be more of a costume.

summer had started discussing what she was going as, she also wanted to do a couples costume. regulus told her he didn't really like dressing up and thought it was a waste of time and slightly embarrassing to which summer scoffed and called him boring. regulus didn't mind being boring, though.

"well, how about pattie boyd?" asked summer as she tried to pin her hair up like pattie boyd done.

"who?"

"she's a model, reg," said summer, "look, she's so beautiful."

"yeah," agreed regulus as she handed him a magazine with the model on the cover. he put the magazine by his side and went back to his book. he was currently in summer's dorm and she was trying to figure out who she was going as for a halloween while regulus read a novel by oscar wilde.

james was in his own room in the head's dorms, he was cleaning his broomstick delicately when lily came walking in. he turned around and smiled at her and then continued on with the task at hand, see, he was quietly incredibly pissed off at the loss last weekend and so he was determined to win against ravenclaw this weekend.

"hi," said lily, putting her arm around james' broad shoulders and kissing his cheek.

"hey," replied james, looking at his broomstick with curious eyes, "does that look good to you?"

"yeah," said lily, "still not over the loss then?"

lily chuckled as she laid back on his bed, kicking her shoes off. james looked back at her with a we both know the answer to that look and then put his broom carefully to the side.

"regulus is a great seeker, probably the best and now he's captain. he's going to be stiff competition," said james with a sigh as he laid next to lily.