27

Asami

"So are you free tomorrow Asami?" Jinora asks.

"Mhm, yeah." I don't even know if I am or not, I'm too concentrated on why Korra and Miss Beifong are talking. It's PE right now and we're all lining up waiting for the changing rooms to be unlocked. Korra however, she's been talking to Miss Beifong ever since we got here, a few feet away from the rest of us so we can't hear what they're saying.

Kai steps in front of me and blocks my view of Korra.
"Uh, hello?" I say and raise an eyebrow at him. That was a little rude.

"You've been staring at your girlfriend for a while now." He jokes and crosses his arms. My cheeks heat up at that word and I clear my throat to try and cover it up. Kai's frown softens up and he raises a brow in curiousity. Oh no.
"Wait a minute."

Opal tilts her head.
"What?"

"You.." He points to me and with his thumb over his shoulder, he points to Korra.
"And Korra... are you two datin-"

I smack a hand to his mouth to shut up his shouting.
"Kai shut up!"

"Oh my god.." Jinora squeals.
"You are!"

I sigh and smack my face. If Korra hears this I think I'm might be more embarrassed than I already am.
"Ok fine.. we are." I whisper.
"But don't start telling the whole school that!"

Opal pulls me into a hug.
"I knew she'd grow on you."

I chuckle and push her away gently.
"Alright. Stop." Korra is still talking to Miss Beifong, and by the looks of it it's a really serious conversation. My friends follow my gaze and now all 5 of us staring at them.

"What do you think they're talking about?" Opal asks.

"I don't know." I say. But I want to find out. Korra still looks exhausted and now she looks annoyed too.

"I wish I could read lips." Wu sighs.
"I don't get how blind people do it."

My friends and I scrunch up our faces and turn to him.
"Do you mean deaf people?" Jinora corrects him. Wu furrows his brow for a moment before shrugging. I giggle a little. What an idiot. I turn my gaze back to Korra and now she seems even more frustrated the more Miss Beifong talks. I'll have to ask her about this later.

Another teacher soon comes by and unlocks the doors to the rooms, my friends step inside whilst I wait in the halls, still peering at the conversation between Korra and her coach.
"Asami, are you coming?" Opal asks.

"Yeah, I'll be a minute." I say and with that she goes inside. I wait out of their view but I'm not close enough to hear what they're talking about. I watch as Korra flays her arms out for a moment and Miss Beifong pinches the bridge of her nose as Korra storms out of the building. This can't be good.

"Miss." I say and Miss Beifong turns to me. If I could just get out of this lesson then I can see if Korra is okay.
"I've really hurt my wrist, could I sit out please?"

She looks a look at my hand and then huffs, shaking her head with a frown.
"Nice try Miss Sato, I'm not letting you off because of a broken nail. Get changed."

Great.

<->

Me: Hey are you alright?
No answer. Of course there's no answer, that's just how Korra is isn't it? I shake my head and pocket my phone. Something is definitely wrong, I haven't even seen her around her friends at lunch either. Whatever she and Miss Beifong talked about has really ticked her off.

I pull my bag higher onto my shoulder and huff. I guess I'll talk to her about it if she decides to come over after school. Jinora bumps into me, well more like I bump into her. I've been zoning out a lot lately today.
"Sorry Jinora."