Six

Nandini was sobbing hard clutching Manik's shirt in her fist while holding him tight. Manik was rubbing her back worriedly while whispering soothing words.

"Sssh.. Shhh.. Jaan. It was just a nightmare. Nothing happened. I am here no? See, look at Manik. Koi nei hai baby. Everything is fine. Nothing will happen okay? Main hoon na, honey. I won't let anyone harm my jaan. Sssh.. calm down. Relax. Don't cry now. Bas bas. Shhh.." Manik was rocking her in his arms like a baby while kissing her forehead now and then showering all his love.

Since Manik got aware of his feelings for Nandini, he is planning to confess his love in a special way, very soon. But before that, he needs to take care of her health. It was his first priority for now. He can not rush the things when she's mentally disturbed. Because he want to make their day the happiest and a memorable one. And for that, he needed to handle her first and make her talk her past, all her fears and insecurities. He wanted her to pour her heart out in front of him without being hesitant.

Soon enough her sobs died and she looked at him like a broken kid coming out of his embrace. Manik's heart pained at her sight. Her face was all sweaty, red. Silent tears still flowing down from eyes. Messy hairs and those puffy yet pained eyes. His heart twisted inside. He gulped down his own tears giving her a faint smile and wiped her whole face with his palms.

"How much my jaan cried, hmm? See your face is all red and sweaty." Said Manik while wiping her silent tears again and again.

"Arey! Again? Enough of these tears now. Come on, I am here no? Why are you getting scared ha? Tell me?" Said Manik cupping her face.

"Ma..Manik.. door closed tha.. aap nei the. Main.. main akeli.. darkness.. I.. it.. it was paining alot.. maine.. sab ko.. bulaya.. I called you.. papa.. no.. no one came.. I was scar..red.. koi nei tha. I.. don't leave me.. Please Manik.." She pleaded with so much pain and ended up sobbing again. Manik immediately took her in his embrace.

"Sssh. No. Stop crying baby. You're not alone. Main hoon tumhare sath, tumhare paas. And see, there's no darkness. Door bhi open hai. Hmm? And you think I will ever leave you alone? Never. I will never ever leave you, jaan. I am with you always, humesha." Confessed Manik with utter honesty. Nandini looked up at his face and he smiled caressing her face.

"Humesha?" She asked. Manik nodded and pecked her forehead lovingly before answering.

"Humesha." She closed her eyes feeling the warmth of his love. Manik lied on bed taking her in his embrace and keep on patting her head. Soon she slept being tired mentally as well as due to excess crying. Manik kissed her forehead again before closing the lights and going into deep slumber.

_________________

Three days later -

"Manik, Manik uthiye."

Manik felt someone patting his shoulder. He opened his eyes slowly and found Nandini sitting beside him all ready. She gave her beautiful smile seeing him awake.

"Good Morning, Manik." Manik felt his world brightening again hearing her sweet voice with a beautiful smile. He smiled at her before wishing her the same.

"Morning, honey. You are up? And why are you all decked up? Going somewhere?" Nandini nodded her head.

"Manik, it is morning so obviously I will be up and also you have to go office. I have made your breakfast and also asked Maria to pack your lunch. And about me getting ready like this. umm.. actually, Maa ka call aaya tha. She was asking me to accompany her for shopping. So thought to go." Said Nandini. As soon Manik heard her last sentence, his face went hard.

No. Why will his wife go with that woman. He doesn't trust her even a bit with his wife. He didn't want Nandini to get hurt again because of her mother's any behavior.